Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AARGH!! My 9-11 tapes skip & flutter too much! They're useless. Still, have the network-news 'speculating' that 20,000 people died in the attacks, going solely by audio.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to take this so thoroughly off topic....but since you're on this 9/11 subject...did you happen to hear anything about Rumsfeld admitting/confirming that the plane that went down in Pennsylvania was actually shot down by the military? Someone asked me about this yesterday - she said she found an internet print out about it on the Xerox machine where she works (the last person to use it had left it behind), and wanted to know if it was true or just an urban/internet legend. I told her it was the first I'd heard of it. What about you, any info or opinion?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just on the 9/11 kick because it's the largest 'news event' I've been able to capture "live" on the news. Other tapes are of the '96 Olympic Bombing & '03 NYC/East Coast blackout. For 9/11; filled 6 VHS tapes with a full 24-hours of first-impressions about the event, which in some cases were totally off the mark.

In those first few hours though, there was talk about the PA plane being shot down also, but most people just remember Bush talking about that "Let's Rock" cellphone call.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12