Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey everyone...
    Have a great next couple of days/weeks. Absorb the energy and lets see what we can do to make cyberspace a real alternative for the classical crap that invades our lives!!!
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here here David. [img]cool.gif[/img]

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah everyone, Merry Christmas and enjoy the Holidays... I was surprised with a legion of boxed horror movies this morning so my days to follow will be joyous!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh the AGONY!!! I received a DVD-recorder last night, to transfer my video collection to DVD-RW's, but all the shops are closed, can't buy a pack of discs till tomorrow, perhaps monday... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Looking forward to copying the first 24-hours of news broadcasts from 9/11 to disc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]wink.gif[/img] yeah...well I gotta blackberry...does everything and I do mean everything so I'll be postin' from trains, planes, with brains. lol, be good and stay away from Precinct 13...dangerous crapola!
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

David confuses me quite often. What's that about blackberry & trains, planes with brains...? Blackberry brandy is a nice warmer around this time o' year, but have no idea if that's what David was referring to.

Precinct-13 isn't even out yet (is it?), so won't judge the movie before seeing it. Some remakes are good (Dawn of the Dead wasn't as deep, yet remained quite an entertaining (FUN) direction to take Romero's zombies into), and some totally blow (Psycho, TCM, Thirteen-Ghosts (SFX-heavy version of Legend Of Hell House and The Haunting)).

I thought Carpenter got Precinct-13 out of his system with Ghosts Of Mars. Besides the second-person narration format in GOM, and happening on a different planet, it's the same story as Precinct-13.

Don't tell me. The rights for Carpenters first film (after his school-project Dark Star) came up for grabs, and some newbie action director with fast Mtv-cuts studied down to a science, had to snatch it up! (No, I haven't looked at anything on IMDb yet).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reved:
    I thought Carpenter got Precinct-13 out of his system with Ghosts Of Mars. Besides the second-person narration format in GOM, and happening on a different planet, it's the same story as Precinct-13.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same story as Rio Bravo too. [img]wink.gif[/img]

I liked Assault quite a bit the first time around and the less said about Ghosts of Mars the better. I'm trying to ignore the new one. Maybe it'll just go away?

This whole remake trend is way out of hand. If they insist on recycling old ideas the least they could do is remake bad films.

Anyone care to wager how long it is before we see "Rob Zombie's Last House on the Left" or some other similar blaspemy?

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ December 26, 2004 01:42 AM: Message edited by: avantodd ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by avantodd:
    I liked Assault quite a bit the first time around and the less said about Ghosts of Mars the better. I'm trying to ignore the new one. Maybe it'll just go away?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hopefully. THANKFULLY haven't heard any kids referring to the "remake" whenever Psycho comes-up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Rev...It's a lame try at being funny. The blackberry is the equiv. of the Palmpilot Treo...Instant access in a box. And it does do just about everything...What think you of the new idea to let people use their cells on planes? [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] Lets get this board goin' in the new year and see what we can do about influencing the sodden cult market from cyberspace...What say you all?
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had my cell when meeting you at Chiller last Oct., but it's totally bad form to leave the ringer on when trying to talk to someone (or when in a movie theatre). Didn't even use vibrate, just turned the damn thing off.

Sometimes, one just has to unplug.

Not sure about their use on airlines. If there's no interference with traffic-controllers, alrightie. But it would help time-out a much more strategic "9/11" next time Al-Quaeda or Taliban decides to attack. There's always pro's & con's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast