Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

David,
    I was recently watching Hitch Hike (a favorite of mine), when I took special notice of the beautiful waterfall in the background of one of the camping scenes. My interest was sparked; I couldn't help but wonder where the actual setting was located. Could you please enlighten me? As I am currently on a leave of absence from work, I would jump at the opportunity to visit this fantastic waterfall.

Many Thanks,
    Ryan

"See you at the bank!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was under the impression 'HitchHike' was Italian, judging by the ammount of vowels in peoples names in the end-credits.

Kudos if you're already in that continent. (David will need to chime-in for further comment).

Was really suprised Wes Craven even remembered where he filmed 'Last House', specific street in Westport, CT. Hehee, wouldn't be suprised if it was Martha Stewart's old house....

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

According to Franco Nero in his interview on the Hitch Hike DVD bonus features, the movie was filmed in the La Aquila region of Italy, apparently also know as the Gran Sasso. It apparently was chosen because of it's natural beauty and also because it did vaguely resemble Northern California, where the film is actually supposed to be set. Hope that helps!