Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cunningham looking for director to remake Last House!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that it is a stupid idea. David Hess is a living legend in my book. No one could replace him as Krug-

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 18, 2005 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Krugsgirl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The original was made in a different age, and can't be duplicated today. You can't kidnap, rape & murder children without a good reason anymore, dammit!

How about THIS brilliant idea? It'll be direct-to-video trash, if it even gets to the production level! A good case of a classic who's time has come and GONE, never to be recreated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey everyone,
    From what my sources tell me, Wes isn't going to be involved. Sean got someone other than Wes to write a new script based on the old one and that's the extent of it to date. He presumably has a distrb. contract with New Line Cinema and he's going ahead. Oh! Well! Sure I'll work for him, but I'm feared my price would be more than the budget and the only role I'd play would be the father. Personally I don't think he can make patch on 'Last House's' ass without using some of the original cast, but Sean is Sean and that's all about the money. So that's the story!!! Any more up dates and I'll post.
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'd better not let them use your music.

[img]mad.gif[/img]

*shakes fist at youuuuuuuu*

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, what was that Project Greenlight III finalist Wes decided to make, after saying Feast was crap? Or has he moved-onto something even more recent?

EDIT - I'll have to rewatch my PGL DVD's to find-out the runner-up scripts titles. For awhile, IMDb said Ben Affleck was helping to really create the Hanz Gubenstein time-travel script, and Wes Craven was directing the third script. But there's no mention of it on IMDb anymore... [img]confused.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ August 04, 2005 10:20 AM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by haremkeeper:
    I think that it is a stupid idea. David Hess is a living legend in my book. No one could replace him as Krug-

<font color="#007FFF"><font size="1">[ July 18, 2005 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Krugsgirl ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This honestly sounds like the dumbest Idea ever.
    I agree with David, if there was some of the original cast involved it would have some merrit.
    Last House is a classic, A remake would never have the same impact.

Hollywood... [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From Dread Central:
    Not much has been said (other than a whole lotta hate spewing from various horror message boards) about that Last House on the Left remake we were the first to tell you about here.

Today, however, the lovely Axelle Carolyn posted her chat with Wes Craven while bopping around the set of The Hills Have Eyes - another Wes remake being led by High Tension's Alexandre Aja. When asked about another House, Craven had this to say...

"[Original producer] Sean Cunningham called me up and said, 'What about it?' So who knows? I'd find somebody [else] to direct it; I don't feel comfortable about repeating films that I've done, but it's interesting having a young director come in and do something different. Alexandre Aja really took an interesting direction on the remake of THE HILLS HAVE EYES; I believe it's going to be really good. I'd also supervise the script for LAST HOUSE, but at a certain point it's best to step back and let the director make his movie."

In our last report, New Line was involved in House with a script in hand by Mark Haslett. According to Bloody-Disgusting, New Line has since dropped the project leaving it to another production shingle to pick up. For more on Axelle's interview with Craven, click here.

- Ryan Rotten
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12