Thread: David and co off 2 meet the Dali Lama!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David and his children are going to meet the Dali Lama!!!
    The Dali Lamma is still not allowed back in his country. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I'm sure this will be a wonderful memory for David, Sarah, Jesse, and Bo. [img]smile.gif[/img] It will be very interesting to here the details of this holy mans visit. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] An amazing, humble man, who has the capacity to laugh at himself in the face of exile. And he has lived in exile most of his adult life. Ketchem/Hailey is a place for the richest of the rich. The area is an enclave of wealth and liberality, star studded and mansion on top of mansion in a state that is otherwise as redneck as it gets. The Dalai Lama new this and played to the crowd. But the crowd was not as homogenus as the state would dictate, so I'm not sure his humor was fully appreciated. Oh well, looking at the people who came to the Hailey High School Football Stadium on that Sunday afternoon, one might think differently, but I'll stand my ground.

There was a great melting of America, people coming from every state...but ya had ta have connections to get a ticket and the only ones that were available where coveted by the locals for friends...WE had a local friend...

The day began with a long winded welcome by the Governor who said nothing in plain words for about 15 mins., followed by Karel Sokolov, a businessman with a heart, who funded the happening. Oh...HE'S DEAF! But has so adjusted to his disability that he is masterful speaker and he had much to say about the reason for bringing the Dalai here in the first place...Why Idaho for a 9/11 anniversary? Just So...It's the last place on the planet you'd expect one. Does he preach/lecture? NO! He teaches...with his smile, his humor and his very simple understanding of the way life works...Love is positive, Hate is negative...Love's gonna win in the end. Compassion opens up dialogue, no matter who one is talking to. EVERYBODY wants to be heard. Violence/anger/prejudice just separates people and leads to misunderstanding. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEAK A LANGUAGE TO FELL HOW THE OTHER PERSON FEELS. Mostly he talked of a new century and a new beginning following the most violent century in the history of mankind. He believes that everyone needs to dialogue with people who have similar interests. It begins with the leadership, but it doesn't stop there, it continues down to the street people, but communication/dialogue is the only way to combat misunderstanding. He used religion as an example of how lack of dialogue in the major religions of the world has lead us to world wars/conquests in the name of what's holy and eradication because of differences in belief systems. And then he said that's all, laughed and took a few inane questions from the audience. He really laughed after that little episode was over...And we all felt the better for him being in our presence. I got into a small bruhaha with a N.Y. bitch who wanted to stretch her legs and what ever else she had going and wouldn't allow us any of her unused space...but I shined her on and found a much more positive vibe elsewhere. My friend Jeremie is a cripple, her ankle is fused and she has a rough time walking any distances, so you can imagine how I felt when I told the woman that my friend was cripple and she laughed at me and didn't move an inch. OH WELL...She didn't spoil my afternoon, but I sure wonder if she was listening to the Lama, 'cause she sure was blowing it out her ass.

There were white prayer shawls given to everyone in attendence with the sanscrit prayers embedded in them and Trinity water was readily available...The day was a scorcher. We all got little rubber wrist bands with 'compassion' stamped into them. I must say that his holiness made us all think about what is to have power and to still be humble. Perhaps this is a good way to describe compassion. I think humility is certainly an ingredient. More than anything, his presence made everyone forget their individual 'fears' for just a moment in time and open up to the possibilities that our great planet has to offer.

It's not so much what he said, but what he left unsaid that resonated. We have much work to do to get back in natures good graces, but if their ever was an example of how to approach life/nature/love/spirit the Dalai Lama is the quintessence of all of the above. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]