Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hahaa! I just read about the Brooke Shields / Tom Cruise debate myself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/

What a little shit. "I've read about the history, and you haven't, so I win!" O'course, he never gives a single example of this vast knowledge he supposedly has.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, David, glad to hear all of the good news that has been happening in your life. As always, I know this isn't a forum for politics, but I've always thought your analysis of certain issues to be cogent and free of superfluous verbiage (my failing, I'm afraid), and I wondered about your take on the continuing fiasco in New Orleans?
    Thanks,
    Ed T.
    PS- Also curious if you had any feelings about the recent Tom Cruise-Brooke Shields feud and his characterization of psychiatry as a pseudo-science at best?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cruise must be on the booze...That's just L.Ron Hubbard talking through Cruise as his mouthpiece. Good to hear from you Ed T. As to my take on Katrina. I gave some bucks to an organization that's there, not a national joke. The get it and give it all to where it counts the most...the people...and they don't have much overhead. They've been looking to move their headquarters to Baton Rouge as their N.O. offices are no more. There acronym is ACORN...look'em up and you'll see what I'm talkin' 'bout. What can one say re:Katrina? As a country we've been on the brink of disaster for years. What strikes me as a little ironic is Bush's admiting the government didn't act fast enough and that at this point they are probably undermanned to deal with such situations. AND THEY'RE WORRIED ABOUT TERRORIST ATTACKS? This is a joke! If they'd wanted to, they'd of done it already according to Bush's assessment of the situation...Oh Well! Anyway Ed, good to hear from you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All he's saying, and what Scientology is about, is not using medication first to try and solve the problem. They believe in eating right and exercise- and spending time w/ your children/ loved ones before you hand out the ridlyn or prozac. It makes perfect sense.

Except for when nothing works- what are you supposed to do? I Guess what we are- and I know you're like this David- sometimes I can't even get you to take an aspirin.- we're 1/2 a Scientoligist- if you can get you're head around that-we all know about the benefits of healthly living, I just seeing nothing wrong with raising your seratonine level, if you're more depressed than not, especially if healthy living isn't completeing the goal. Some of us DO have a chemical imbalance, and are prone to depression. I wish Scientologists would say- "only when all else fails".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IMO - Bush is getting the short end of the stick in regards to Katrina. I may not like the guy, or his administration, or his policies, but he's taken more unfair blame for Katrina than anybody deserves.

On 9/11, we had middle-east Muslims to blame. With Katrina, we can't blame Mother-Nature, so our Commander-In-Chief catches shit.

Alright, it took 3-days for relief efforts to start moving into Louisiana & Mississippi. Which other 'disaster-area' hurricane was it, Camile or Andrew, which took 9-days for relief efforts to begin?

And shouldn't N.O.'s mayor, then Louisiana & Mississippi's governors, catch blame for doing nothing UNTIL AFTER Katrina became a National emergency? I'm sure you've all seen pictures of the school-bus parking lot flooded, with scores of busses just poking above the waters. It's local & state govt.s who didn't order those vehicles to evacuate civilians, not the national govt.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! What a day in the news!!

12 suicide-bombings in Iraq, numbers vary by newsgroup from 'dozens' to '160+' dead in this one day alone.

Delta & Northwest airlines both declaring bankruptcy.

Hurricane Ophelia soaking North Carolina.

and the continuation of John Roberts Supreme Court confirmation hearings.

AND WHAT DID NBC-NEWS OPEN THEIR EVENING NETWORK BROADCAST WITH TONIGHT?

U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton ruled that the pledge's reference to one nation "under God" violates school children's right to be "free from a coercive requirement to affirm God."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The least worthwhile non-news drivel they coulda found.

And why didn't we hear anything about these two 'potential terrorists' on the news?

Super-Forgetful People: The director of a Canadian landmine-detection company said in August that he had flown back from Sri Lanka with TNT in his luggage that he had just forgotten about. (Three airport security systems missed it.) And a 24-year-old man was arrested in August at the Oklahoma City airport for having a homemade pipe bomb in his luggage that he said he had just forgotten about. [Kingston Whig-Standard, 8-11-05] MSNBC-Reuters, 8-11-05]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey! The motherfuckers at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart stole the first 3/4 of my last post for some jokes in tonights 'Evolution Schmevolution' episode!! [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

C'mon Krugsie,
    I'm talking about getting help when someone is starting to lose it. There is nothing wrong with spilling your guts to someone who's not emotionally involved and not all pro's proscribe drugs as the 'be all and end all' answer. My son Jesse studied Psych. for his college interment and is a big help when it comes to family problems, so the system can work if one doesn't abuse it. Cruise is talking through his ass because he, essentially, doesn't practice what he preaches. Let's face it...Scientology is 'cultish' at best and has been in some pretty 'outlawish' situations over the years. My wife, Gina, began her spiritual journey as a 'Christian Scientist', but once having absorbed Mary Baker Eddy, she moved on, using the basic teachings as her framework. This, I think, is a more healthy approach. As far as asperins go...you know me!!! If there ain't 'no pain, no gain'...just kiddin'! We live in such a drugged out society...I mean Marin County is the quintessential example of substituting drugs for baby sitters. BUT...that doesn't excuse Cruise from not backing up his statements...that's all I'm talking about. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 14, 2005 12:09 PM: Message edited by: nuovodavide ]</font>