Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the pleasure of finally meeting David this weekend at the Flashback Weekend drive-in movie marathon in Aurora, IL. David walks in at the concession stand and his table gets all set up with CD's and pictures. I am nervous as hell of walking over there but I wanted the Sunshine Path CD and to finally say hi. I buy the CD and tell David that I was 'Hessstation" and my name is Jamie and I go on the website all the time. I had no idea if he would know me or not. What does he do? He jumps up and gives me a huge hug! Hands down, one of the best moments in my life. Krug hugged me! Alex hugged me! David Hess, who scared the shit out of me in junior high while watching an old Vestron videotape of Last House on the Left KNEW me and gave me a huge hug!

Now, later that night David and Jesse were going to perform some songs. I wish you all could have been there because there was this annoying asshole drunk who wouldn't shut up while David talked and sang. I could tell David was getting annoyed and who wouldn't so he seemed to have ended a little early. Jesse pumps up the crowd wanting David to say "Piss Your Pants" to everyone and he did so then he was going to sing with his son and then he pointed to this guy and told him that he would perform if he "shut the fuck up". We all applauded and screamed. David, you should have seen your sons face. He had a huge grin on after that and man you two performed so well together with such passion it gave me chills. This guy and his floozy girlfriend still talked but not as loud. You could tell someone was ready to knock the shit out of both of them. Then I finally saw Last House on the Left on the big screen at a drive-in! We also had a few dipshits behind us screaming stuff like, "Rape the bitch." and junk like that which annoyed me but I try and block it out. It's fine to get into the movie but don't start screaming at the top of your lungs like you are a member of MSTK. The print was an edited version but it didn't matter to me. Last House still rocks. And let me tell you, everytime I saw David, he always said hi and remembered my name. The next day I was telling my fiance all about what happened. I was thrilled and am still on a natural high. My buddy took our picture together so once he sends it to me, I hope I can post it for all of you to see.

Thanks David. I hope we can meet again.

Jamie

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How cool! I am so jealous!!! I really wanted to go to Flashback, but I had to think logistics. Too far away and not enough time to get there. I REALLY hope that someday there will be a similar festival in or near St. Louis that David will be involved in.

David, if you are reading this, has your career ever brought you to St. Louis for a public appearance?

Slybone

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That had to be the greatest experiance ever. My husband keeps promising me that I will get the chance to meet him someday as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's awesome, Jamie. I remember how psyched I was when I met Dave the first time. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm jealous! Sounds like a great time.

Tell me more about the print they ran. What all was cut? Was the color still good or was it fading to red?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It wasn't too bad. Some scratches and some faded color but they took out a few scenes (sorry for being a geek here):

-CU shot of Mari after she is cut holding her bloody hand

-Martin Kove (police officer) saying, "Out of gas?"

-Junior telling Krug to get the girls to "make it with each other"

-Phyllis getting stabbed after she spits at Weasel
    (obviously this would be cut)

-Krug dropping the severed hand on Mari

-Krug carving his name on Mari

P92403042eJPG?&ampmsgC2CCEE57 4523 4729 A581 495B40788986&ampstart0&amplen5498098&ampmimepart9&ampcurmbox00000000 0000 0000 0000 000000000001&ampbd3a77369c507df04b3ca496d74fe4856&ampdisk101106201 d2439&amploginjklein8787&ampdomainhotmail2ecom& langEN&ampcountryUS&ampSafeRedirect26hm   ts3d112800706926hm   ha3dd56b18203de1ec936a4f4d34d6b52234