Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey everyone, I just got an all region DVD player for Christmas and I know Last House on the Left was released in Europe and maybe Germany in a different DVD with more extras than what we have here in the U.S. Does anyone reccomend which version to find? I want the DVD that has the extra commentary track but heard that's the edited version of the film. Is this true?

Jamie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I have the UK release and it is cut. It does have the Hess, Lincoln, and Sheffler commentary, the Krug and Company cut, and a lot of other extras the US release doesn't have. The commentary is worth the price alone. It's really good stuff and the baddies have a great time with it. There's a few uncut versions available in other countries with most of the same extras, but I think the commentary is only on the UK disc.

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=1063

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I finally got the DVD in the mail yesterday and right away I watched the small featurette on David making the music for Last House. My fiance walked in from work and looked at the TV set and smiled and just said, "Your buddy is on TV, huh?"

Jamie

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really funny Jamie. My wife says similar stuff about David all the time. The other day I was watching 21 Hours At Munich and during the scene where the terrorists are shuffling the hostages into another room, she says, "That guy wearing the pink banana hammock looks familiar". Anyway, it's really cool that you have gone "region free". I guess now you can also pick up the UK DVD pressing of "Body Count", unless you have it already. Let me ask you about the region free player that you got. I know it was an Xmas gift, but can you tell me where you obtained it? I'm curious which ones really work.

Thanks!

Slybone

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Plenty of players can be made region free by using a simple remote code. The important thing is you want one that can convert PAL to NTSC (or vise versa, depending on what country you're in). Here's an example of an inexpensive player that can be made region free at amazon:

Philips DVP642

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 31, 2006 02:12 AM: Message edited by: avantodd ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Hessstations:
    Hey everyone, I just got an all region DVD player for Christmas...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your world just got a little larger, man. [img]cool.gif[/img]