Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi David big fan of your films but i was wondering was there a last house on the left 2 ever made ur role in last house was exerlent 1 of the best films ive saw in my life great work david keep the films comeing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, in the Last House chronology, all the baddies died. The only thing a sequel in that world could possibly do is show Mari's parents attend grief counseling meetings, and perhaps take a broad anti-crime stance AKA 'Death Wish' (although the perpetrators of the crimes against their offspring already fell victim to the parents hands).

If you check IMDb.com, there IS a Last House II listed, but has nothing in common with the original, no cast or crew are the same. Similar to another movie I rented once, an NC-17 version of "I'll Spit On Your Grave TOO!" which had nothing in common with the original except a title, just to grab a few more bucks from video collectors.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Add to that the countless films advertised as Last House part 2 during the drive in days. Supposedly they'd actually mix up reels from Last House with other movies and run that as a sequel. [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

There is an official "coming soon" promo for Last House part 2 on some of the old Vestron tapes, but the project never happened.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 05:19 AM: Message edited by: avantodd ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reved:
    Well, in the Last House chronology, all the baddies died. The only thing a sequel in that world could possibly do is show Mari's parents attend grief counseling meetings, and perhaps take a broad anti-crime stance AKA 'Death Wish' (although the perpetrators of the crimes against their offspring already fell victim to the parents hands).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about "Last House on the Left of the Dead"? Krug and company come back as zombies and rape/murder their way through an entire village before a few defiant parents rain vengance down upon the undead horde- all to a summer of love soundtrack.

Oh, and I'd like there to be a monkey butler in it too.

I'll fetch the typewriter. I just hope David is on board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Clarinet,
    You and Reved ought to get together and write it. Or better yet [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] if there's a zombie/haunted house nearby [img]graemlins/phone.gif[/img] take your typewriter and fone it in. I'll do it, I promise...no low budget stuff, however, it's a family affair. [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] I promise not to rain on your parade. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A zombie Last House..? I dunno about that. Though there have been some very ingenius additions to Zombie-mythos (Wide ranging; from 'Dellamorte Dellamore', 'BrainDead', 'ShatterDead' & 'Gore Whore' in the 90's, to more recent additions like 'Shaun of the Dead', 'Resident Evil' and the Australian neo-classic 'Undead').

IMO - Zombies are getting stale, and a movie with zombies can't be ONLY a 'zombie-movie' anymore.

EDIT - Besides, been writing a new script myself. Naw, not for a Last House revival; it's not even horror! But, compared to that horrid "First House..." treatment I wrote last year, it's grown quite a bit. So far, it's all handwritten notes & Hewlett-Packard electric typewriter, but when copied into Word on PC, will repost it here for anyones perusal. Pretty much a big Sci-Fi XXX-comedy that'll work much better as a Zappa-esque animated feature than live-action. ...if I could only pitch it to Don Bluth & Ralph Bakshi... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 14, 2006 12:12 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in the "House on the Edge of the Park" dvd, David Hess mentions in an interview that his interpretation of the "triligy" is

Last House on the Left
    House on the Edge of the Park
    Hitch Hiker

neither movie has anything to do with the previous, but all star David Hess and they have a similar essence to each other. kind of like the House films. House 1, House 2 , The Horror Show and house 4 have nothing to do with each other and involve different stories of different hauned houses with a different family, but they are technically sequels

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 22, 2006 11:57 AM: Message edited by: The Axe Man ]</font>