Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, David, Happy Holidays to you and your family. I was sad to read recently of the death of Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith from complications apparently due to a long history of drug abuse. It's always sad to read of anyone's premature death, but I was always a fan of her and her movies. It's hard to tell whether she was a gifted actress or not, but she was certainly a beautiful woman, and an arresting presence in a score of movies from the 70's, probably most notably "Lemora", which is still one of my favorite films.
    I wondered whether or not in your long years in the industry you've seen a decrease in drug usage? In the 80's there was an explosion of cocaine abuse, but people don't seem to be talking much about it. Also, there's the tragedy we've seen with actors such as Adam Rich and Robert Downey.
    Thanks,
    Ed T.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr. T,
    How good to hear from you...As to the Hollywierd of drug abuse. It's always rife. When you're richandfamous ya kin git most enyting. I haven't had much to do with mainstream Hollywierd through the years although I know plenty of people that are successful and reside there. The new drug of choice, I hear, is ecstasy. Oh well, a rose by any other name is still a rose...Thanks for the 'Carmen', It went right in my meagre collection. Back to drugs. Maybe a thought for the new year is: Don't ask for what you don't want you may get it! It's a glass castle and totally unreal. Everyone one gets bitten by the fame bug and some, or should I say most, think they're immortal. Drugs prove different and I guess that's what you're asking about. In a phrase...It's everywhere you want to be! A part of the subculture and as such those that don't, don't pay much attention and those that do, eventually pay the price.
    David