Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

david, dein wundersch?ner song aus "last house..." hat es nicht verdient in einem schmandfilm wie cabin fever verwurstet zu werden. sorry

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Though I still have yet to get to a theatre to watch Cabin Fever, don't look highly upon "fayns" original post. David & sons did a few songs for the film, so are you going to try slagging him because of something the writers/director/producers/actors/etc. also had a hand in creating?

LOL, I only say that because Babblefish was unable to translate everything, guess there were a couple German slang words in there...and the "cabin fever: it's crap" thread title just sounded a bit TOO harsh for someone who apparently only helped put a couple songs on the soundtrack!

Jeeze, it's not like I started dissing Colechamber, Marilyn Manson, Hed(PE), Sevendust, etc. after they gave music to help Dee Snyder's STRANGELAND, right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Reved,
    He just loves Wait for the Rain' and hated it being used in what he considers a lousy film. But you're right. The music should stand on it's own and, I did, after all, allow them to use it. The end credits, which are strictly my sons 2003 cover is a great version of 'rain' and I have no recriminations about allowing them to use it. Would that the film were better, but that's life. And who's to argue with success. It's just a shame that the music is not included on the sound track cd, but that's another story for another time. If you're really interested in how that did not transpire get in touch with the webmaster.
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For what it's worth, Cabin Fever is one of my favorite films so far this year - I thought it was a laugh riot. The Hess Family music only enhanced my enjoyment.

Best,
    Damin

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Damin J. Toell ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

but that's another story for another time. If you're really interested in how that did not transpire get in touch with the webmaster.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am rather interested in how 4 songs in the movie soundtrack could be 'lost' from the soundtrack CD. When you said 'webmaster' above, did you mean 1QuickSI (the person who owns this messageboard service), or did you mean someone at rocketcityrecords?
    'Rocketmaster' is moderator of the rocketcityrecords boards, did you mean him?

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 01:41 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reved,
    Get in touch with Rocketmaster...He's got the whole skinny.
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reved:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> but that's another story for another time. If you're really interested in how that did not transpire get in touch with the webmaster.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am rather interested in how 4 songs in the movie soundtrack could be 'lost' from the soundtrack CD. When you said 'webmaster' above, did you mean 1QuickSI (the person who owns this messageboard service), or did you mean someone at rocketcityrecords?
    'Rocketmaster' is moderator of the rocketcityrecords boards, did you mean him?

<font color="#007FFF"><font size="1">[ September 30, 2003 01:41 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, it's common practice for soundtrack cds not to feature all of the music from a film. In this case though, it's pretty ridiculous since the Hess family music stood out so much. It sucks, but I'm just glad that the songs are available here for us.

I will send rocketmaster a note, though. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I'll keep it to PM's in case the 'another story for another time' angle is sensitive in any way to those involved. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by avantodd:
    Actually, it's common practice for soundtrack cds not to feature all of the music from a film. In this case though, it's pretty ridiculous since the Hess family music stood out so much. It sucks, but I'm just glad that the songs are available here for us.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm more interested in WTF happened. Sure, sometimes not all full songs will be put on a soundtrack if only 3-seconds of the song are heard onscreen. But this feels odd. 4 songs from the same 'source' were allowed to be used in the movie, but NONE of them made it to the soundtrack, not even the one given the end-credit spot!? That's a great spot, memorable as the theatrical finale, IMO that spot needs a place in a soundtrack!

LMAO, could you imagine John Boorman's 1980 version of EXCALIBUR if someone forgot to include Carmina Burana to the soundtrack? Lots of [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] woulda been involved!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Reved,
    Ask the Rocketmaster, he knows the full story...He was intimately involved. It's a sad commentary to the record/film industry. And in my humble opinion, it's their loss.
    David

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast