Thread: Will we EVER see the complete 91 minute version of Last House re-released???

Inactive Member Knight Of Vengeance's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to hear what you guys think. David's opinion would also be much appreciated.
    Given the growing demassification in mass media and the resurgence of horror; will we ever get to see it in its uncut and uncensored entirety once again?

Thoughts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uhh no... David has already said that the uncut version no longer exists.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Are you sure those were his exact words? Because that can't be totally true. Any work that is credited with an MPAA rating has got to be on file somewhere.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0068833

It seems to me that this is more about property rights. Craven himself eluded in an interview in Fangoria with Sean Cunningham two years ago that someone's got it. It seems that the two flagstones here are property and the godawful censors.
    Maybe one day this'll all be cleared up. [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Being a HUGE fan, I'd love to see this footage, but it ain't gonna happen.

The 91 minute version won't show up, and as Craven stated on the MGM DVD, the most complete version is around 84.

The print was chopped up, re-edited, and butchered by everyone from the actual filmmakers (Craven decided he went too far), to cinema projectionists. Craven and co had to set up editing rooms to piece the film back together, but a lot of footage is lost.

Adding to these facts, most of this previoulsy "lost" footage (which appeared on the DVD) is without sound, due to the loss of the original audio. Therefore, a 91 minute version will never surface, since footage without the sound is nothing, and could never be reinserted.

Adding to this list of downers, is the fact that this footage would be in such poor condition. It is probably sitting on some dusty shelf somewhere, with the celluloid slowly turning red.

There is probably a more intact foreign copy around (probably under one of the alternative titles), but unless a miracle happens, we won't see any of it in a proper version. I think the loss of sound hammers the final nail into this coffin.

Plus, this footage is lost! The IMDb states that the MPAA recorded the film at 91 minutes, since that is the length stated in its original cut (which has been butchered TOO many times since then).

Like you guys, I'd love it, but I've done my research into this matter, and we aren't going to see the FULL film in it's original version.

Regards,
    D.J. Nock
    Last House on the Left: UK Resource
    http://www.lasthouse.2ya.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hello, I haven't posted in a loooong time and this really got my attention so here goes;
    Can anyone, possibly David, clear the air on just what this 91 min. version was? Does it refer to prints titled Last House on the Left or one of it's test screenings? Because of the research I have done it sounds like Krug & Company, Sex Crime of the Century etc, were not submitted to the MPAA. And probably most importantly did Wes cut the film before test screenings or after? And what was the footage Wes cut on his own will, to me it looks like the lesbian assault because music is scored during this scene and the soundtrack does not jump, plus unlike the diembowlment and name carving scenes I have never heard rumors of anyone seeing them. I have read the book by Szulkin but it didn't seen know the specifics either.
    David H, did you ever see the film under one of it's alternate titles/test screenings?

Roundhouse

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a nice review of the dvd I found that clears up a lot of the questions in this thread...

http://www.filmsinreview.com/At%20Ho...lasthouse.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! Talk about a thread back from the dead!
    That Roy Frumkes DVD review was an enlightening read! Thanks! So we know the lesbian attack and disembowelment footage exists(and some knee-jerk prick over at MGM).
    But what about the severing of Phyillis' hand??? I know this was filmed and I can't UNDERSTAND why this was cut(unless it was in the midst of said grim disemboweling).
    Can anyone possibly shed some more light on this?