Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They're to be expected. Example; Cherie Currie seems to visit & post on her board several times per week, which brings in the fans who may like to contact her. Keeping the board active. For whatever scheduling or time-constraints David has, he's just not around (or posting) as often, so would naturally have periodic lulls in activity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lull ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ll)
    n.
    An interval of lessened activity: a lull in sales.

They suck, don't they? [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David was in L.A. last week. He just got home late last night. (Thanks for visiting us at the "Expo" David! Exciting, wasn't it?! [img]wink.gif[/img] )

The difference is, on Cherie's boards, her fans don't wait around for her. They talk to each other all the time and it's just a bonus when she chimes in, but the conversation never ends. It's an interesting group over there that like each other very much and have forged friendships in real life from one shared interest. We don't have that dynamic on any of our other boards and that's a shame, because it's a nice vibe - even if a little too "cuddly" for some.
    [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Anyway, there's nothing stopping us from discussing movies and music and politics and whatever else here amongst ourselves freely, and David will certainly chime in when he has something to add. Really, Dave's a guy that seems to prefer a little intellectual stimulation over being asked, 'Did you ever dream "Last House" was going to be so successful?' for the ten thousandth time. So let blabbing begin!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, boards like that can be nice amongst mature people. Usually though, boards like that DON'T consist of mature people. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Regardless, I've made a lot of real friends through another board. Friends that I hang out with (only on occasion since they live far away) and talk to on the phone and such. My two best friends in the world are people I met through a message board. Ahhhh... the power of cheese. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Mature? Who's not mature? Even the 14 year olds on this board claim to be 27!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Ah yes, cheeeeese. Where is this wonderful friend-making cheese board? Can I join?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I AM SO 27 YOU BIG JERK!!!!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehee, so much for "intellectual stimulation"... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Several months ago, nominated both this board & Cherie Curries board for BOTM (on seperate months, naturally). O'course, nobody was told on these public boards, as it woulda tainted the voting process.

CC didn't win votes from the other cabinets because of its (like Rocky inferred) 'fluffiness', whereas this board didn't win votes because although the topics had substance, it was perhaps a bit slow (days or sometimes weeks before a post would garner a reply; from anybody, not the boards namesake).

I feel it's safe writing this post because the BOTM contest has hit an internal rut, and its viability is in question. (Don't expect BOTM next month, though after that, who knows?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rocketmaster:
    Really, Dave's a guy that seems to prefer a little intellectual stimulation over being asked, 'Did you ever dream "Last House" was going to be so successful?' for the ten thousandth time. So let blabbing begin!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Couldn't that be avoided with a FAQ post stickied right on top? Am sure it'd become just as frustrating as Tim Curry asked to do the 'Time Warp' dance (quarter-century ago) every moment someone recognises his voice.

I 'try' being respectful, but vehemently dislike anything "papparazzi", or even a little TOO 'fan-boy'. So, write here like I would to any (non-famous-anybody) person upon any other board.

Oops, I feel a 'rant' coming-on. Better nip this in the bud... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Y'awl,
    Not toooo shabby for a bunch of quest seekers. Now...What's are next quest? Bored of the month? Seriously, reved has an excellent idea. A FAQ...WHEW! Thought youse guys'd nevah getaroun' t'it. Rocket Master and me'd be glad to start a posting with...oh, let us say - 10 that have out served their usefulness and are memorialized to a fairtheewell. So...We'll start and I expect Luna and the Good Reverend to comply with their own. Maybe we'll win a cupla internet Oscas. When I'm home, I'm on and when I'm on...I'M ON!
    David [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast