Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello, David, I wasn't able to make Chiller Theatre until the very end, when everything was being closed up and shut down. My friend and I were in the bathroom preparing to leave and there you were, shaving. We were all walking out the door at the same time, and I thought it might be an appropriate occasion to say hello, but then I figured it was the end of the day, you were probably tired, and who wants to be bothered by strangers in the bathroom? In any event, I hope the show was a success, and I hope to see you at the next show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Wuss...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, you're right. My friend said the same thing to me after we left. It's a weird thing, sort of juvenile, I suppose. When I was younger, I never hesitated to approach people whose work I admired- the Ramones, Allen Ginsburg (saw him in a bookstore in NY), Robert Blake, Redd Foxx (what an eclectic mix that is!) and ask for autographs. Now that I'm older, it seems somewhat intrusive. I ran into a comparable situation about 15 years ago in Wayne, NJ. I was with another friend and we had stopped for gas, and who comes walking out of the bathroom but Jack Palance, a legend. My friend said, "Hey, isn't that Jack Palance?" Well, there was no mistaking that mug and I've been a Palance fan since childhood. I would've loved an autograph but it seemed disrespectful, maybe even a bit perverse, to me to go running up to the man as he's coming out of the john. So we limited ourselves to calling out "Hey, Jack" and waving (probably should've yelled "Hi Jack"). Jack waved back and I think he was grateful. Oh, well...
    Ed T.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love to hear about Luna's adventures at Chiller, I'm sure they were much more entertaining than mine. As an aside, I should mention that my friend and I met another friend there (sounds more like a reunion than a horror movie convention), who plays bass in the band Asylum 66, which I believe has performed at Chiller on previous occasions. We repaired to the bar for a drink and sitting there was David Prowse. David's best known for his role as Darth Vader, but I've enjoyed him in numerous other films, including Clockwork Orange, Horror of Frankenstein, Vampire Circus, etc. So, deciding that it was less intrusive to approach a man in a bar than a bathroom, I walked over and requested an autograph, which he most graciously provided. So, the afternoon wasn't a total loss...
    Ed T.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Well, according to Luna, she had a pretty wild time!

She'll have to tell me more about it...

Me and Ed T. have a lot to be jealous about [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards,
    D.J. Nock
    http://www.lasthouse.2ya.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay... here we go... Chiller.

It was amazing. David was everything I'd hoped he be. I sat with him for almost the entire time I was at the convention and loved every minute of it. We talked about a lot about stuff he'd done and was planning to do, and he was even genuinely interested in stuff about me. [img]smile.gif[/img] I got to meet his son, Jesse, who looks WAY too much like him, but of course, that's a good thing. [img]wink.gif[/img] He was great, as well. I got my Last House pressbook signed and will be getting it framed as soon as I have the money. It was great to sit and talk to David and see him interact with his fans. He seemed to enjoy them. I wish I could've gone back for the Sunday, but such is life. Anyway... here's the picture we took. It came out really well. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

hesspicgoodSMALL

Thanks for everything, David and Jesse... I hope to meet the both of you again.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ March 20, 2004 07:41 PM: Message edited by: SMFLunAChicK ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is me, David, and my friend Adam at Chiller on Friday:

daminhessadam

David was a sweetheart and I am very glad to have met him.

I think I recall seeing you by David's table on Saturday, LunA.

DJ

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ May 20, 2003 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Damin J. Toell ]</font>