Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last House gets 3 Disk Uncut Release in the UK plus newly found footage!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All the details here guys

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68789

Metrodome have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of The Last House on the Left (3-Disc Ultimate Edition) on 13th October 2008 priced at ?19.99 RRP. Wes Craven's infamous 1972 horror is presented uncut and uncensored on UK DVD for the first time.

Disc 1
    Feature Commentary by writer/director Wes Craven and Producer Sean S.Cunningham
    2nd Feature Commentary by stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler and Fred Lincoln
    'Celluloid Crime Of The Century' making of? documentary (40 mins)
    'Scoring Last House?' featurette with David Hess 'Krug Conquers England' charting the theatrical tour of the first ever UNCUT screening of the film in the UK
    20 mins of outtakes and dailies
    US theatrical trailer
    TV spots
    Radio spots

Disc 2
    'Krug & Company': rare COMPLETE ALTERNATE CUT of the film
    EXCLUSIVE interview with Carl Daft of Exploited Films, who took the BBFC to courts over the film's banned status
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE never before seen footage only recently discovered.

Disc 3
    "Going To Pieces: The Rise & Fall Of The Slasher Film" feature length documentary on the 'slasher' film phenomenon that followed "Last House?"
    Filmmakers' commentary
    Deleted scenes
    Horror film quiz

The film is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English DD2.0 Stereo sound.

I wonder what the new footage is? More lesbian scenes? Also notice how deleted scenes and dailies and outtakes are separate?!!!

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very interesting news. I've already double-dipped on this one, but a triple-dip may be in order. I'll probably wait for a few reviews to come in before I actually make the purchase. What the hell could the never before seen footage be, even Craven and Frumkes have both said that the US DVD (now out-of-print) has absolutely every bit of footage that has survived. Has an old theatrical print from '72 somehow survived? As I said, very interesting news. Ever since the US DVD and the UK 2-disc DVD have gone out-of-print I thought a 3-disc version was needed, but I always envisioned the 3rd disc being David's soundtrack CD. Maybe I should just hold out for the 4-disc version.............

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since you own both youll know more than me. I dont own the Region 1 disk but i have seen the uncut version of the film. Also many reviews ive read on the out of print 2 disk release from Anchor Bay have stated that the Outtakes and Dailies on the UK DVD does infact run a few minutes longer than the American disk due to the fact the disembowling scene isnt there. They added other outtakes in there to make up the time difference. Obviously now the film has been granted a certificate uncut, that scene will now be in there.

Who knows what the world exclusive footage could be but i have been looking online and according to some people this footage has actually came from Roy Frumkes archives. It says newly discovered so it could be genuine, or it could just be a few minutes of nothing. The fact they are boasting about it being a world exclusive leads me to believe it is something substantial and worth watching, maybe more scenes in the woods.

Ive no idea if its possible to contact Roy Frumkes and ask him for sure. It is only a months wait so not long before reviews are in. However back when the Region 1 disk was first released i distinctly remember articles online discussing the fact that there was more footage that was left out of the DVD release because both Wes and Sean felt it was still too strong. Either that, they knew that years down the line people would rush out and buy the DVD again. Ive also contacted Metrodome and they are thinking of releasing the movie on blu-ray in 2009.

It truly is a remarkable change here in the UK.Especially with a 4 disk Caligula boxset being released this month too. Another version of the film that the 3 Disk american set doesnt have.Plus it is being released for the first time uncut aswell. Its about time too!

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 04, 2008 05:46 PM: Message edited by: graeme2020uk ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Roy found some more footage guys. This is the real deal. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got my preorder in at Amazon UK. I was pleased to see that although their listed price is already lower than the RRP, when I put it in my cart I was actually given an even lower price of ?12.76. Not bad at all. Shipping to the US was reasonable as well. I'm really looking forward to October! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm still thinking on it, but I imagine when it comes down to it I probably will go ahead and buy it. There's not too many companies out there who will continue to put out our favorite movies, so I probably should support them when I can.
    After examining the specs a little closer, it looks like that the "found" footage is about the only truly new offering on this DVD, and hopefully the "found" footage will have synchronized sound this time, unlike the previously released "forbidden footage". I wonder if this is why that it doesn't appear that this DVD will have an integrated version, ie: a new cut with the newly found footage incorporated into the film. That would be really cool, but appears to not be the case since the newly found stuff appears to be all on disc 2.
    The 3rd disc looks entirely like just a filler disc and has absolutely nothing to do with "Last House", so that's a little disappointing. I think that the "American Nightmare" doc would have been a much better choice for a 3rd disc as it actually includes "Last House" as one of it's featured films. Some brand new featurettes or maybe a Roy Frumkes commentary track would have been nice too, but now I'm just getting nitpicky.
    Since you have it preordered Todd, maybe you can post your thoughts on the new DVD once you get it. I totally agree with you though Todd, I hope October comes quick!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler ahead, so if you want to be surprised this October you might want to skip this post...

As far as the new footage goes, I think the sound is probably long gone. It wouldn't work to insert it all into the proper film anyway since it's all outtakes with different angles, etc. I have to agree with you that I wish a Roy Frumkes commentary was included. He's done so much for fans of this film over the years and it would be nice to hear his thoughts. Roy actually wasn't aware this particular dvd was about to be released until I pointed it out to him. He provided the new footage months ago but I guess he wasn't updated since then. He did mention that the new stuff will be released in other markets eventually, possibly with more extras, but if you can't wait to see the nearly five minutes of new footage (mostly sex!) then this is a must buy.

BTW, I noticed that they're having a giveaway at Horror Asylum. Three lucky winners get the new dvd!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool, thanks for the additional info and the link to the giveaway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, has anyone laid their hands on the new edition yet? Avantodd, anyone? If so, what's the skinny? Was it worth your hard-earned dollars, or pounds, or pesos?

I can't find much in the way of reviews on the web as of yet. I'm surprised, I thought that the Brits would be all over that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It shipped last Saturday by Royal Mail, so assuming it doesn't get held up in customs I should get it sometime next week. I'm sure it will be worth the money though. I'm really excited about the new footage. The exchange rate is decent right now, so it's only about $24 shipped from the UK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast