Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last House gets 3 Disk Uncut Release in the UK plus newly found footage!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I knew MGM was re-releasing the DVD again but figure dit was just going to be a re-release of the DVD. I own the UK 2 disc version which is great. The 3 disc looks even better since it has extra footage and that huge Slasher documentary. Is the newely found sex scene graphic? The picture any good? I know there is no sound, much like the gore footage on the other disc(s). Is the footage the scene with Sadie as well?

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You might check out Avantodd's post above from November 4th as I think it answers most all of your questions, but I'm sure he'll chime in himself to fill you in. I personally still haven't bought the 3 disc version yet. Like yourself I also have the UK 2 disc version and the earlier MGM flipper disc version, and after looking at the specs of the 3 disc version and hearing Avantodd's thoughts I'm fairly convinced that the 3 disc version doesn't offer enough new stuff for me to justify buying it, but that's just me. I've already seen "Going to Pieces" and I found it to be fairly boring for a horror doc and it hardly mentions Last House at all. I also read a review about the quality of the actual film on the new DVD and it is described as "a poor quality, unmastered version just slapped on DVD", but Avantodd says it looks pretty good. I personally think I'm still gonna hold off for at least a while, but I may change my mind in the future, I'm pretty finicky that way! When the new MGM version comes out in February I'm hoping that Netflix will have it so I can rent it first to decide if the new features justify a purchase in that case.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Sadie is involved in the scene. It isn't particularly graphic. Context aside, it's no more explicit than whatever softcore silliness Cinemax is likely showing as I type this.

Not sure what that dvd reviewer was expecting, sly. Last House isn't a really good looking film, nor should it be. If anything, they messed with this transfer a bit too much for my tastes, meaning there's some DVNR used. There's more grain on the MGM disc, which those looking for a 'pristine transfer' might not like but it is the way the film is intended to look. Reducing grain effectively reduces resolution - modern tastes be damned. So the new UK set looks a bit soft but the colors are strong and overall it's a decent presentation. I personally prefer the look of US dvd to either of the UK releases but your mileage may vary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123