Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio processing software question....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AH! Found just what was needed. And it wasn't just ONE specific program.

1) - Record "live" into the Edirol.

2) - Transfer memory-card into 'puter. Initial processing in SoundForge. Very rough edit-tests done in Goldwave only because it's really fast at processing, not for saving files in any way.

2a) - Cleaning of recordings done with "Spin-It-Again", a very intuitive program that seems to know "noise" from "wanted sounds".

3) - Choose tracks. Rough-mixing and further processing with Mixcraft-3 & Spin-It-Again.

4) - Final mixing & multitracking done with Beatcraft (not very often, as it sounds too synthetic for my taste), Mixcraft, and Soundforge.

5) - Still testing a number of different burning programs to decide which one has the best results & ease-of-use.

Recently been purchasing lots of MIDI equiptment. Self-imposed learning-curve deadline. Learn the shit, or have a room full of unopened pricey boxes. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hehee, it beats what I blew my last CHILLER weekend! Bout half-grand blown, only got a couple T-shirts, and was sleeping in the car. Corona & Lime was my downfall... [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 04, 2007 10:37 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AHA! Learned a lil bit more (or so I think).

CD authoring software can't (at least in available consumer burners) record higher than a 16-bit WAV. So recordings made at 24 or 32-bit are automatically shrunk to 16-bit in the process. Hopefully the burning software you use also automatically kicks-up the frequency (into the 192 kiloHertz range, at least) to compensate for the loss in bitrate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12