Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

I have a question concerning the song "All Shook Up". Did David Hess co-wrote this song? If yes, why isn't he credited for it? I also suppose he recorded/released it in 1956 and before Elvis did?

Thanks in advance for helping me out,

Bastien
    www.SecondHandSongs.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't mind hearing from David himself about this.

Have read contradictory reports between his own past interviews, to the junk written on IMDb, to word-of-mouth crap.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good question guys. Otis Blackwell wrote the song and it came out of an idea and catch phrase that I said in the office of my publisher early on in my career. I'd just picked up an STD from a girlfriend...nothing that couldn't be taken care of and was...'all shook up' and I let my publisher know in 'no uncertain terms' since he was the one who introduced me to her. That's the long and short of it. His response was 'gee that's too bad', but what a great song title, do you want to write it? I said absolutely no and he asked me if he could pass it on to Otis. I said do whatever you want and that was the birth of the song. I had the original recording on Aladdin Records and it was awful. I hated it. I was an urban folk/blues singer and they made me do a bubblegum record. The rest of the story is out there in interviews, but to credit me with the song is wrong. My idea, inadvertently, Otis Blackwells' creation.