Hi, David, and all- Just wanted to say that those who haven't seen the "Last House" DVD (can there be such people?) are missing a real treat. I thought the picture quality was superlative, considering the age of the source, and it's funny the little details you miss. Most of the gore scenes were familiar from bootleg copies I've seen over the years, but there are genuine surprises. For instance, I never before noticed that Fred Lincoln is wearing hippie sandals in the big chase scene through the forest! A detail only a true connoisseur can appreciate! I've been in Westport a few times over the years and was never able to find a location that looked familiar, but thanks to Fred Lincoln's commentary, I was finally able to find what I'm pretty sure was the graveyard used in the film (the Old Burial Ground off Wilton Road). Despite the changes the years have wrought, new houses and the other encroachments of civilization, it all seemed recognizable, and was thrilling, in its own quiet way. For true fans, it's a trip I recommend. The only time I ever did anything comparable was when I ventured to Calvary Cemetery in Brooklyn and found the exact location where they filmed the funeral scene in "The Godfather."
Ed T.