Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Sorry everyone. I finally saw Cabin Fever with huge expectations and I was greatly disapointed.

Don't read this in case you haven't seen it yet!!!

The movie's tone was all over the place. It didn't know if it wanted to be a serious horror film or some goofy teen comedy. The character of the sherriff was the most annoying character in any film I have seen this year and served no purpose in moving this film along. I don't get offended over language but why does everyone say the F word 1,000 times each? Also, the ending makes no sense! I loved the music (it was ncie to hear David's voice on the big screen) the cinematography was great, and KNB FX were outstanding. The movie is worth a look but don't expect much.

Sorry everyone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been hearing roughly similar reviews about Cabin Fever too. Though I haven't seen the movie yet, spoiler-reviewers mention how there should have been some 'menace' to the infected (ie; 28 Days Later), but here, they just rot away & spit-up blood.

But if I do see it, will send the stub to the other thread address. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hessstations, I couldn't disagree more. I loved Cabin Fever. It's easily the best american film in two years. Maybe your expectations were just too high going in or you didn't know what to expect? I was well aware of the humour going in and had a great time with it.

reved, there is menace to the infected. They're very contagious, and crazy from the fever. Don't you think a flesh eating virus that you could catch at any time is menacing? Trust me, Eli Roth played it right. Go see it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To clear up something, the infected aren't zombies of any kind. They're just sick people. This isn't like 28 Days Later. That was a zombie movie that didn't have the balls to use the word zombie, so they said it was about a virus.

In Cabin Fever, it's the virus itself, a flesh eating virus, that's the villain. The infected are just like the victims in any other horror film. The difference is that instead of a quick death from an axe or meat cleaver, they're slowly being dissolved by the disease. Just normal people being eaten alive.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Granted, Avantodd, but I'm only going by a few reviews from people 'claiming' to be in the Hollywood biz.

...still, if the infected 'zombies' themselves aren't frightening, it'll turn into social-commentary (ie; Shatter Dead) rather than a "Horror-Movie".

Note that I still have yet to see this film, so am just basing my 'guestimation' of the content about what others have claimed. Even from the title "Cabin Fever", sounds like there wouldn't be many/any clinical scientific examinations of the zombie-microbe? The pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo worked in films like "Outbreak" and "Jurrasic Park", but to the untrained ear, this sounds like "Evil Dead" written with a viral rather than a demonic cause.