Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm somewhat shocked Luna didn't request some source material sooner (but that does explain her first version, asking questions).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As far as I know... I had.

Now you're going to ask me to find it. [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps you should have 'Demanded'!

Because Luna has yet to respond to any of my earlier PM's or emails, guess I'll need to talk to her thru this public board. I'll only be online for another couple weeks, so time is limited for me to help get this FAQ out.

Do you have any comments or criticisms or even a single idea regarding the target-link page-design of the FAQ which I suggested yesterday? You've been online & visiting this board numerous times since sending you those files & messages, but have yet to say anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dude... just because I sign on for a minute or so to check things out doesn't mean I have time to respond to a bunch of pm's. Don't take that the wrong way, it's just the case. I have a lot going on in my life and am not online constantly and not nearly as much as I used to be unfortunately. I'll respond to your stuff by tonight though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've organized & retyped over 13,000 words today, from Last House, Wes Craven, Hitch-Hike (including transcribing everything David says during the "Devil Hitches A Ride" DVD featurette), his music comments, and almost done with Edge Of The Park / Ruggero Deodato chapter.

What I don't have is a transcript of the LONG interview extra on rareflix Edge Of The Park DVD. That interview was just stocked with information that'd be a fans wet-dream. It was GOLD.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sent an info/price request to http://www.transcripts.net/ , just to see what it would cost to type Davids 40-minute audio interview from the extras into Word 97 format.

------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:
    Damn. Got a reply... [img]eek.gif[/img]
    ------------------------------------------------

Hello-

Thank you for inquiring about our services. The rate for transcription of
    standard
    one on one interview, with paraphrased questions and verbatim answers, is
    $94 for a
    40-minute segment of recorded material per physical tape. For transcription
    that requires
    verbatim questions and answers the rate is $107 for a 40-minute segment of
    recorded material per physical tape. This rate includes a hard copy
    transcript, an electronic copy on floppy disk and an email.

Our standard turnaround is currently forty-eight hours from the time
    that we receive the tapes. If you do decide to send the tapes in, please
    call us beforehand so that we may schedule the job. Please visit our Website
    at
    www.transcripts.net for more information on our company and our policies.
    You can also obtain a Project Request Form at our Website which you will
    need to fill out with your order.

When you are ready to send an order in, please contact Mel Cowan at
    extension 130.

If you have any further questions, please reply or contact me at (818)
    848-6500 x.111. Thank you.

Jessica Klepper
    The Transcription Company, a Rapidtext Company
    4100 W Burbank Blvd, 3rd Floor
    Burbank, CA 91505
    T 818.848.6500 xt. 111
    F 818-556-4150
    [email protected]
    www.transcripts.net
    www.rapidtext.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
    This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
    to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
    confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 23, 2004 05:08 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to help further, but won't toss-in my money without recompensation. If any other Hess-fans may be out there, I'd be glad to sent you a VHS-dupe of the interview to transcribe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If not, Rocky, could you save a few of those requests for song lyrics you're sent? It took me two-hours last night to transcribe only three minutes of interview. Scale that & a 40-minute interview is gonna take me at least 35-hours of constant scribbling & typing.

Perhaps you could strike a deal with someone to transcribe it for giving them whatever song lyrics they want...?

Seems I MIGHT only be online for the next two weeks. My schedule's a friggin nightmare.

PS - Does David keep a file/folder of past interviews? I once spoke with Gibby Haynes (vocalist of Butthole Surfers, son of Mr. Peppermint) and although he couldn't stand answering trivial fan-questions, did mention he kept files of past interviews. Mainly just to catch himself if ever contradicting something he said earlier. Does David do the same?

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 24, 2004 04:23 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To StalinBomb - I'll put in a request to the former webmaster for the song clips to see if he kept the old files...I've been after David for 2 years for them and I don't currently have that abilty with my system. If anyone can volunteer the clips, I would be happy to upload them onto the site. (I don't know what that previous post meant, I wasn't consulted.)

Reved, You have every drop of everything that I saved. David and I are hugely grateful for your assistance and no one expects you to spend your hard earned cash or any more time than you already have on this project. You've already sent a great amount of valuable material that I can compile further with what we have + more info from David. And if you feel like making me an audio version of what you've got on those interviews, when I get a spare few days, I can work on transcribing them myself and finish what you've started. Don't worry, I won't let your hard work go unfinished. I know you are relocating and can't spend your last few days in town swallowed up in this project. Thank you for the effort you've devoted to this project. It is much appreciated. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SMFLunAChicK:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Stalinbomb:
    Is there anyway we can get a sample of David's album? Possibly a real audio snippet of one or two tracks?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"Just ask, man." Tyler Durden, Fight Club

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Asking...Please PunkY?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast