Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good News! Rocket City and the Hess bunch have decided to release a limited edition CD single of the two Hess Brothers Cabin Fever tracks - "Wait For The Rain" and "Volatile Velvet". We should have them available and in the web store this week! YAY!

P.S. to avantodd: Sorry you have had problems with them, but our PayPal experience has been nothing but positive for several years now. You can always send in your order form with the "money order" button clicked, but send well-concealed cash instead. Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent news about the Hess Brothers cd! I'll send my order (and Cabin Fever stubs) in as soon as they're ready. Thanks for making them available so quickly!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I just finished watching Cabin Fever, so I had to decide which thread to post to and since this one has the thumbs up icon, this one was it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

All I can say is that it is an awesome movie, it was well above my expectations and is totally a movie I'd watch often. It's one of the next on my list of dvds to buy. It was very cool hearing Last House music throughout it, the effects were decent and the story was original and above average for nowadays.

For the people who didn't like it, I'd love to know why. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 15, 2004 09:40 PM: Message edited by: LunA359 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought it was average. I loved the special effects and of course Wait for the Rain. But I didn't really like the tone of the film. It went from comedy to serious and back again way too quickly and ebruptly. I also hated the character of the young cop, he was extremeley annoying. But oh well, to each his own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah but you don't think the comedic scenes with the police officers was out of place in Last House?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't think the ones in Cabin Fever were either. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The comedic scenes to me felt like they were throw in since modern movie audiences are such wimps, they can't take hard core horror anymore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HA! I won't disagree with you there. I guess there's no point debating it. It's just a matter of taste, I suppose. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually really enjoyed the film. The only part of the film that really bothered me was the VERY end. ****SPOILER**** When the black men come into get their gun, which refers to something that is said earlier in the film, it just seems like such a lame, tacked on joke. Bizarre way to end it. If they had just ended it with the protagonist dead in the creek, that would have been much better. ****END SPOILER****

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was humor and moments of levity in Last House... does nobody remember this? [img]confused.gif[/img]
    I, personally, loved the end of Cabin Fever.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 12:37 PM: Message edited by: SMFLunAChicK ]</font>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast