Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

You're right. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haven't seen Cabin Fever yet (I'm like the turtle; I'm slow, but I get there eventually), but, speaking of the comedic elements of Last House, I thought they added to the disturbing atmosphere of the entire film because they were so incongruous. I think it tended to keep the viewer off balance. You alternate scenes of harrowing barbarity with slapstick. I think some of the music had this quality as well. Some of the music was beautiful and quite haunting, in keeping with the mood of most of the on-screen action; other selections were comedic or "goofy." Because Last House was such a well-made and acted film, I think it worked. With a lesser film, it probably wouldn't.
    Ed T.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did anyone notice the bit with THE BOX near the end of Cabin Fever? What was that about? It was never explained. I heard Eli Roth was writing a sequel, think the box will be part of the story?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rocketmaster:
    Did anyone notice the bit with THE BOX near the end of Cabin Fever? What was that about? It was never explained. I heard Eli Roth was writing a sequel, think the box will be part of the story?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can't remember who mentioned it, but someone compared it to the suitcase in Pulp Fiction, in that it's something of 'importance' but never revealed.
    I didn't think that much of it, but it could be sound [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for the film, saw it three times at the cinema [twice while sober!] and only enjoyed it the second viewing onwards. First time I hated it with a passion, probably due to all the hype and expectations that had built up - I was anticipating an entirely different movie!

Anyway, appreciate it much more than I used to and intend to wad through the five or so commentaries on the DVD soon!

PS: Was to embarrassed to send in my ticket stubs as the cheap-o cinema prints them on bodgy [and faded] white paper... [yet still happily charges $10 a ticket!!]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I enjoyed Cabin Fever, but like many, felt the humor sort of hurt it.

Just when things got pretty serious and tense...a stoner cop would show up and ruin the scary atmosphere.

I think it tried a little too hard to be a modern "Evil Dead" type film at times, and was a weaker film as a result.

(for the record, i'm not really a huge fan of the series...well, at least not Army of Darkness anyway) [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 22, 2004 09:32 PM: Message edited by: WesRay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And of course, Army of Darkness is my favorite of the bunch! I like the humour mixed in! Otherwise it's just the same junk over and over again....blood, hacking, yawn... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rocketmaster:
    ...blood, hacking, yawn... [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Be sure to, fittingly, hack me to pieces if I ever feel that way one day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very pleased to have found this site and forum, I watched "Last House on the Left" for the first time mid-2003 and my favourite part of it was, of course, the soundtrack. I searched Amazon but couldn't find a CD, nor could I find any other information about the songs or the artist.

A couple of days ago I watched "Cabin Fever" on DVD and was surprised to hear some familar music! finally found my way here searching "David Hess" in Google. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Very happy to see that a CD IS available, and hopefully I'll buy a copy soon, it's one of my favourite moive soundtracks. I had no idea that you starred in the film, too, Mr Hess, and remember the character well. I was wondering how you were approached to take part, and how did you feel about filming some of the most distrurbing sequences?

Many Thanks for your time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Finally picked-up the dvd. Noticed RCR got 'courtesy of:' credits on the first three Hess songs in the credits, and ALL the Hess songs were lumped together at the beginning of the music credits. Bummer things turned-out like they did.

In a quickie-review; it wasn't a BAD movie. Actually, quite like something I'd like to put together! Return to 70's storytelling with a healthy dose of mid-80's gore. Think I'd like Eli Roth, but that's not to say I'd write a fluffy "thumbs-UP" review for Cabin Fever. Nope, some of the 'unseen' violence is what NEEDED to be shown (the dog needed to be shown tearing at the leg of at least a mannequin wrapped in steaks!), the party-dude cop was totally out-of-place (misplaced yet obvious comedy-relief (yea, I watched Scary Movie also)), and cell-phones going-out in remote locations is a VERY typical way to cut the kids off from contact.

Hehee, only a little cheesier than burning them up in the FIRST HOUSE story, eh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(Just been trying about a dozen of my passwords to get back logged in here!!) I'm sorry if my post above - and the question - were inappropriate. I couldn't find a rules page.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast