Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bo wrote a song about Sara when whe was sixteen. She turned 18 today and I'm out of a job. So...Happy Birthday to Sara from the world of Hess's...Oh...? What's it like to turn 17? It's beenso long I can hardly remember. Give it up to the best 18 yera story ya'all have!
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's wishing your daughter Sara a belated Happy Birthday and all the best wishes for what I'm sure will be a bright and prosperous future. Talent seems to be a genetic heritage in the Hess family, as it was with the Barrymore Family, so I'm sure we'll be hearing of her soon. Who is to say we're not seeing the start of a similar artistic dynasty?
    Again, my sincere best wishes for a great birthday.
    Ed t.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But not in the Baldwin family.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dunno, Alec Baldwin seems to be a pretty good actor to me. The other brothers I can't say, not having ever seen their work (except for the "Usual Suspects"- but you really could'nt tell if that was good acting or not since it was more of an ensemble piece, I think). I don't want to make presumptions, Hessstations, but based on your previous posts on the board, I'm assuming your distaste for the Baldwins is based on their outspoken liberalism. If I'm mistaken, my apologies. As someone who is liberal myself, I understand how that can be. I'm not a fan of Charlton Heston or John Wayne but I think you sometimes have to try to separate the actor's work from their personal life. Lou Costello, for example, was a rabid right winger, an unabashed McCarthyite, from what I've heard. I know people in Paterson NJ who knew him and didn't find him a particularly likable personality, but, in his genre of comedy, he was very funny and effective, one of the greats. Clint Eastwood's "Dirty Harry" is a conservative's wet dream, but it's an entertaining movie for all that. Bruce Willis is very outspokenly conservative, but I generally find him more than competent in his roles. I'm not fond, as I said, of Heston and Wayne, but I don't think they're very skilled actors (my opinion). Same with Stallone. They're "personality" actors, playing pretty much the same type of role from film to film. That's fine, if you like the particular personality they represent. If you don't it can become boring pretty quickly (I know Wayne was in films that are considered classics, but I've never been able to get the John Ford Western thing). Look at Al Pacino in "The Godfather" and "Scarface" or "Donnie Brasco". In all these movies, he's playing gangsters, but there's no way anyone can say he's playing the same character. That, to me, is a skilled actor. I mentioned David's work in "Last House", "House on the Edge of the Park", and "Hitchhike" in a previous post. In 3 different movies, he played a similar type of character, and yet brought alterations to each role that made them distinctly separate personalities. Anyway, this is in danger of becoming an epistle, so let me step down off my soap box...
    Ed T.
    PS- It's good to have you back on the boards, Hessstations, hope all is well with you...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, I just think Daniel Baldwin and Billy Baldwin suck. Alec I like and Stephen is ok. Oh wow, if I didn't like every actor or director who was liberal I would be stuck watching only Chuck Norris movies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think a quick, merciful death would be preferable to watching even one Chuck Norris movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To those who care, three words why Alec Baldwin Rules....

Glengarry Glen Ross. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Or...

Saturday Night Live!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're right about the Glengarry movie. The fact that he was in it for such a short period of time, and made such an indelible impression despite working with such an array of formidable acting heavyweights (Pacino, Lemmon, Spacey et al) is a testament to his talent.