Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello, everyone. First post here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm a big Elm Street and Friday the 13th fan, and as a result LOVE Freddy vs. Jason.

However, I thought they missed a great opportunity to show homage to Last House on the Left. Does anyone else think it would've been neat if during the scene where he's laying on top of her, if Freddy had carved "KRUG" into Lori's chest? Especially since Freddy was named after Krug in Last House.

When I first saw the movie, I kept expecting the camera to pull back and reveal what him cutting "KRUG" into her chest, but alas, they were only scratches. It would've been cool if they'd thought of it. Ah well.

Mr. Hess (or David...whichever you prefer to be called [img]smile.gif[/img] ), did you get a chance to see Freddy vs. Jason? Any thoughts on the movie, or the missed homage opportunity I mentioned?

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 22, 2004 05:19 PM: Message edited by: WesRay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the same thing when Freddy started carving into her. I figured, though sad, they wouldn't make reference to such a hardcore movie that 99% of fans watching it wouldn't get. That should've been the fun in it for those of us who would get it though. Ah well.
    Reminds me of the butt shot in Cabin Fever... the friends I was watching it with were all like "What the hell? Why are they showing us this girl's butt?" I had to explain to them that it was a classic shot done in a lot of older horror movies. They, and most people probably, didn't get it, but it was still there. At least some directors know we're not all twelve seeing our very first horror movie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the boards, WesRay!
    And congrats to Luna on her new MODERATOR status!

Hey, WesRay, is that true? Kruger an ode to Krug? I was not aware of that...nifty!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Rocky, and yes, it's true. Wes (Craven that is [img]wink.gif[/img] ) has stated in the past that he created the character of Freddy Krueger as sort of a more whacked out extension of the Krug character.

Though this Wes (Ray) can certainly speak for himself as he's quite knowledgeable of the subject. He will be a definite asset to the board. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 25, 2004 07:08 AM: Message edited by: SMFLunAChicK ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Rocketmaster and Luna. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes, I do know a bit about the Elm Street series (saw part one at age 5 when it first hit video, and have been an avid horror fan ever since). I'm very glad to be here, as I enjoy David's films (though I've yet to see Body Count, Hitch Hike, or To All A Goodnight yet) as well. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While nice in theory, I don't think Krueger would've wanted to carve "Krug" in what's her face's chest. He would've carved "Krueg". [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]wink.gif[/img] Well technically, yes.

Still, the minute I saw him carving on her chest, I immediately thought of Last House on the Left.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Floydly:
    He would've carved "Krueg". [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Come on Danny, don't be such a party pooper. He could've started to carve... K... R... U... and then the shot could have cut away. We would've gotten it all the same. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He could've started to carve... K... R... U... and then the shot could have cut away. We would've gotten it all the same. [img]wink.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

That would have been killer. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]