Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Being a fan of David and horror vids in general I'd just like to ask if anyone else on here suffers the drawbacks of being a horror fan in the UK? We've had to put up with the BBFC for nearly a century now and Last House on the Left and House on the Edge of the Park are still heavily cut here for VHS and DVD. House on the Edge suffers the worst - it's cut by almost a fifth of its running time. They even found over two minutes to cut from Return of Swamp Thing when it was released! If anyone has a rocket-launcher or a bazuka to hand I'll gladly give directions to the UK censor board if needed, it's a building in dire need of destruction.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, that's usually what pirate dupes are for. Most of us here seem to be from the US though, different format used than UK. I don't have the equipment to make Region-0 DVD-R's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't worry, with the UK being a neighbour of a few more liberal countries like Greece and The Netherlands it hasn't been too hard finding uncut versions of his friends. It would just be nice to be trusted in my own country and be able to get horror films uncut a little closer to home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the same in the early-90's (when Peter Jackson's DEAD ALIVE hit the art-house cinema). There's always going to be something 'not-allowed' if trying to push the envelope. Fuck, believe you STILL have to mail-order direct from Japan for GUINEA-PIG series....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There needs to be some kind of store you can go to and buy these movies. I mean if you can order them to your house, then you should be able to go down to the local mall and pick them up. I don't like this whole sending my dough to Southeast Asia crap.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't seen them around very often, but when living in Kansas City, would visit a "Suncoast Video" store in a nearby shopping mall. It was like a Barnes & Noble for hard-to-find DVD's & VHS. Unsure how many locations Suncoast has, or if each store is allowed to carry the same stock (the one I visited had quite large unrated-horror and adult-anime sections).

PS - you can look for a store near you. http://208.5.55.245/suncoast/store_search.jsp though their website genre search has a LOT less stock than their actual store did.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 03, 2004 02:05 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>