Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks.

I personally dislile 'sample clips', so will begin ripping & putting as much up of the entire songs later in the weekend. Have some other obligations tomorrow, and the baby cardinal is getting larger by the day; so gonna give it a few hours of outdoor flight-time again tomorrow morning. Not only with the cats in my house, but the 4 others neighbors have, can't just open the window and 'hope' it returns. It's grown up with the cats and has absolutely NO FEAR of them.

I haven't tried playing the CD of MP3's yet, so no idea what the problem with them was. Should find time for that one (at least) tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AH! Just about to log off, so popped the disc of MP3s in for a second. Well, no wonder they weren't working; they weren't even MP3s at all! They were just 1kb .cda files of the CD. I think of them as memory/shortcut-links to a CD you've played on your computer. They only played for me because I was listening to Caught Up In The Moment before putting that CD in, so this computer has its own .cda files now.

I'll get to work on ripping Caught first chance I get.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ripped CAUGHT yesterday, but only as poor-quality 56Kbps mp3's. This way, people could copy & share the entire songs, but the sound quality won't be the best, perhaps (hopefully) instigating people to purchase the original CD rather than settling for a low-grade rip found on P2P.

Also, because they're only 56Kbps, they only weigh-in between 1.5 - 2.5 MB per song. A much more managable size for RCR or DavidHess.com's listening page than 5 - 7 megs per song if ripped at higher-quality 192Mbps.

I'm uploading them to my song-site right now, just wait a bit for me to update the .htm & tell me what you think.

http://www.void-within.net/reved/audiofiles/audio.htm

right-click & Save Target As.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 12, 2004 12:53 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Reved!

I'm diggin the upbeat tracks.
    Journey, Loner, and Animal Dreams are my favorites so far.

Nice to hear Mr. Hessssssss's other talents.

Thanks again Reved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, just noticed something offa friends old XXX movie....

The 1973 adult flick 'The Case Of The Smiling Stiffs', aka 'The Case Of The Full Moon Murders', aka 'Sex On The Groove Tube'. Co-directed by future Friday The 13th creator Sean S. Cunningham, Last House on the Left editor Steve Miner, actor Fred Lincoln (whom played 'Weasel' in Last House, and went on with a career in hardcore XXX features), and Harry Reems (who plays a sleazy reporter on camera) doubled as the movies production manager under his real name Herbert Streicher.

Was it a gift, loan, or theft that pieces of David's Last House soundtrack were used on this movies soundtrack?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Besides my last question; do I get a [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] or [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] about uploading the Hess Bros "Nero-Burning" demo disc to that site? I don't use Javascript safeguards, so anybody can copy them to P2P. But it'll only be a shit-56Kbps copy, barely worth saving or trading.

If anyone'd rather not hear those 9 songs available over the Net, posted on my page and eventually available over P2P, tell me now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, the Hess Bros stuff should not be uploaded until they have an official release. Thank you.

I can just download Dave's stuff from your space, Reved, and re-upload to ours, right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep Rocky. That was my whole offer to rip & upload them to that open space; so you could copy & reload them to either of those Official sites. David doesn't seem to have realized I'm NOT a hacker-nerd, and haven't been given access or passwords into your FTP folders. I can just upload the files for Rocky to use however he sees fit on your Official sites.

Despite just being a 'demo', Bo & Jesse have a darned good start. Being smartass here, but perhaps an ocassional 'shunka-shunka-chunka-chunka' Metallica-esque heavily distorted & compressed guitar strum would get some radio-play? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hehee, it worked well for Slipknot, and they've never played more than the same 6 songs in their career, with masks.

Anyways, won't upload the tracks....well, except the Cabin Fever minidisc.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 12:10 AM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Reved,
    What are we doing about uploading the cd to this website? Yours is fine, but we need something on mine, too. As for the music in Full Moon Murders...In a word! Stolen and never paid for! But Mr. Cunningham will pay in the end, I promise. The kids demo is what it is, a demo and they are working in upgrading it into a regular release. The problem is that although the songs are protected by Bojesa Music, anybody can steal them and rewrite them and use them etal. and that's hurtful, because they are just beginning and there're a lot of immoral people out there. Do what you think is right. I think they'd love to have some exposure, it's only local right now, but what price,glory?
    David

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Last House soundtrack is now up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast