Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The PLEX channel just played a week or so ago 21 hours to Munich and I watched it on the DVR last night. Very good movie, I am stunned this was made for TV because it was pretty bloody and violent. David or anyone, was this an uncut version I saw or an international version? It seemed pretty R rated for a made for TV film. David, did you enjoy working on the film?

Jamie

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Jamie,

Long time, no see.

I really love this movie. I have the MGM DVD and it is marked Unrated. Like you said, it does have a fair amount of violence in it. I'm not sure if it's a made-for-TV movie or not. The DVD is Widescreen Letterboxed which leads me to believe that it did have a theatrical release, but I don't know for sure.

David, what do you remember?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was pretty young when I did the film and my part was mostly reactive as there was no record of the dialogue that took place in the Israeli compound. It was eerie filming where they'd been shot and you could fairly feel the ghosts of the victims. I happen to have known David Berger, the part I played. He was a student and a wrestler at Columbia the same time I was there and we used to see each other in the weight room at the gym during his work outs and my rugby practice. It was winter so the rugby team used the indoor track to train. He was a quiet guy, into his wrestling, but very nice. I actually was taller than him, but not by much. I've never gotten over the reality of the situation and how alive the compound was with the restless spirits of the victims. I often go back to visit when I'm in Munich, since it's close to the old Olympic Stadium where the Munich soccer teams play. Good question you guys...D.

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a great story David, thanks for sharing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, thank you David.