Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Not on location Rev, but in and out of town. Getting the family off for the school year and such. Getting down to L.A. in a coupla. Won't be doing any more Cons until 07. OH!!! Rev etal, you'll love this. Deodato's doing a sequel to 'Canibal Holocost' with me, naturally, so Reggero and I'll be at it again come the winter. Hopefully to be released in the Summer of 07. 'Fallen Angels' at the Los Angeles Film Fest. and the California F.F. in the Bay area. It'll screen in the bay area on Oct.28 for anyone interested. More news to follow when I have some, until then Rev...don't fantasize too much it's bad for the liver...haha!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugh... If I fantasize too much about a Cannibal Holocaust remake/sequel, am likely to have a coronary; rage from a broken heart. Staying calm. Phew... [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] What would equal a shitty "sequel" (after about 25-years?) of such a great movie? Perhaps if Michael Bay decided to spend hundreds of millions of someone elses money to make a sequel to "Johnny Got His Gun".

The only way(s) to make that movie "better" are ALL politically incorrect today. It won't be produced or shot the way it SHOULD be. But, I haven't seen any plans about it. I hope you at least got to read the new script before coming to a conclusion about appearing in it or not. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 16, 2006 07:54 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey David, that's great news about the Cannibal Holocaust sequel! Can't wait to see it!!

Slybone

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, the remake of "PSYCHO" was just great too, wasn't it? [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Slyboneinstlouie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I didn't think it was too horrible really, I at least liked William H. Macy's performance. Then again, my taste in movies is shall we say, fucked up.

Slybone

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Slyboneinstlouie:
    Actually, I didn't think it was too horrible really,
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You said it perfectly. Thank you.

It wasn't "too horrible". The original reached up into "good" -to- "great" status, but most sequels only get into "wasn't too horrible" territory. I'm learning to hate Hollywood...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I go to Chiller every year, and have a mediocre time. A few weeks ago I was looking through the Guest list, and became ecstatic at the sight of Clea Duvall's name on the list! I freakin' love her!!
    But, as my luck will have it, I looked at the Guest page today, and don't you know, Clea freakin' cancelled!! [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I'm so bummed right now!

<font color="#007FFF"><font size="1">[ September 30, 2006 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Exileinblonde ]</font></font>

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 30, 2006 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Exileinblonde ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cannibal Holocaust 2 with David Hess!?! That's incredible. Why the doubts, reved? I'm usually not too hip to sequels myself, but if Deodato's behind the camera and David's in front of it I don't see how we can go wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rev,
    He's in the middle of writing it and hasn't sent me the script as of yet. I know he's going to Venezuela some time soon to location scout and he's also got Manaus on the brain...Brazilian of course. I'm waiting to hear the next move, but we're talking and he's keeping me up to date. I can assure you that it's not a gore for gores sake, much more psychological and from what little I know, very now. I'll keep the board updated as things progress. There's a slight chance that Jesse, my son, may have a small role, also...we'll see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A large part of the CHARM of the first one for me was the manner in which I first saw it. From a bootlegged VHS tape making the rounds at college. There were no credits on the tape (and it was years before personal computers became popular, therefore no IMDb), so there was a big question about whether Cannibal Holocaust was real or not. Did people really die during the making of the movie? A few animals sure did, but humans too?

When a sequel's made, there won't be a sense of uncertainty about it.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/HMM/ar/t1406.htm

CANNIBAL METROPOLIS, eh?

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 02, 2006 12:44 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast