Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, I see what you mean now reved. It's like when I try to explain the appeal of a film like Snuff or Last House on Dead End Street to someone that's just now become aware of the titles without knowing the underground history behind them. I guess that's the tradeoff we deal with for the accessibility of such things at our local dvd store - the mystery is definitely gone. Kind of a bummer that kids today never get to experience the legends surrounding the classic horror and exploitation flicks like we did. I'd gladly take the days when you had to search everything out for yourself just to confirm it actually exists. More room to dream. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was part of what I liked from the original, but there was also the "first contact" angle, East-vs.-West, stone age-vs.-civilized aspest, along with a really strong voyeuristic aesthetic which puts you into some strange third place (everything you see is from old "found" film-cans shown in a screening-room). You're not only watching the film of stone-age primitives being brutalized but also watching the barbarity of modern civilized society viewing the same material which puts you, the viewer, into a third level of voyeurism.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123