Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hi All. As promised, I am here to report on last night's show. First the bad news that I didn't get to speak to John after the show. I was in the front row which was great for the view but was very slow to leave the theatre so by the time I got to the Stage Door John had already left. But never mind, the show was fab and John was absolutely at his very best. Bui Doi at the start of the 2nd act is a lot like Age of the Cathedrals from Notre Dame - really powerful and moving and John's voice soared beautifully. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board and thanks for those informations! I definatly want to see that musical when I get to GB! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    There was this Musical-show I visited (Laura was there too.. [img]wink.gif[/img] )and there was a guy who sang Bui Doi (Although I didn't know it was one of the songs John would sing.) and I really like the song.. It's really sad but makes you shiver all over..

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kelliiii

hm, interesting observation - hehe i like the norman bates part [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey All. Barely able to breathe 2day let alone write but I'll do my best. Saw MS last night and spent an hour after show with John - travelled back with him on the train to London. He is sooooo gorgeous and very gentlemanly too as it turns out. Facially he is beginning to age now particularly as he is very lean but this doesn't detract from his amazing looks. Beautiful eyes, wonderful smile. Physically his upper body is to die for, huge pecs and arms, wonderful arms and hands but his lower body is a bit slight for my liking. Very slim hips, no bot to speak of, legs als a bit skinny but hey who's perfect? He's as near as damn it in my books. Can't fit much in on these posts so happy to answer specific questions.

@ Kelliii - will reply to your PMs soon. Thanks - will also give more detail about last night if you want it.

Game On episode is from 1997 and is called Double Hard B******s and Girly Shirtlifting Tosspieces.

Debra

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px"> @ Debra
    Thanks for the info on the series. And I'm sure we'd all love to hear [read] about your time with John, so when you get a minute or two, post a few more words. =)

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ August 06, 2005 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Enessis ]</font>

Kelliiii

@Debra - Sure - I'd loved to hear everything! Sounds like you had a great time - that's so cool! I'm going to be leaving to go to Italy for 10 days shortly, so let me hearing some info before then!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Debra thank you so much for telling us! It's great to hear that John is alright (and gentlemanly) *sigh*

Please tell us more, we all love to hear as you can imagine. Does he know how long he will stay or what he would like to do after MS? And finally how did you like the show?

Kisses,
    Laura

Inactive Member unnamedjellicle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! you are so incredibly lucky...but i figure you already knew that...You really have to post more about this...ahhhh you are SO lucky...
    Andrea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

OK, a bit more info from Friday night....John says that he definitely plans to stay with the MS tour until next Spring when, currently, it is scheduled to finish. He has been in discussion and auditionning this week for a couple of other potential projects starting next Spring/Summer but nothing firm yet - he seems confident he will get at least one of these. I asked him if he will be staying in the UK and he said yes at least for the next couple of years.

The show was good on Friday and there are a few really great performances in it but unfortunately the audience was very dead and their apathy affected the atmosphere and clearly the cast picked this up too. John certainly was aware of it. The problem was that the audience was mostly elderly and there is quite a lot of swearing (although nothing compared to Taboo) but most of all the opening scene in Dreamland is very raunchy and quite explicit both visually and lyrically. It cracks me up to see John doing some of the stuff he does in that opening scene.

I hope the forthcoming venues will provide good audiences because they deserve it. Ramin Karimloo has a great voice and is really cute looking and the two Kims really put in great performances. Leo Valdez as the engineer is very good although I must admit that I haven't really warmed to him personally. He has a strange way of thrusting his hips to reach the high or louder notes which distracts me! John of course is sensational and now has more lyrics and spoken lines than he did when I saw the show three weeks earlier.His vocals are beautiful and really moving in Bui Doi.

Well better get on with some work now. I have my photos from Friday - one of John outside the Stage Door and one of him with me on the train taken by Lara Pulver who plays Ellen. I'll get these uploaded and try to attach them next time I post. Can somebody tell me how to do this please? Debra xx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast