Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Debra,

Thanks for the reply. What a wonderful experience you have had! John sounds like a fantastic bloke. I mean, he really did go out of his way to help you with your stuff and all. I don't think that a lot of people in his position would be so helpful or even bother with fans other the occasional photo and autograph.

I hope you don't mind me asking a lot of questions but this is all very new to me. For instance how did you end up walking to the station with him and travel together? Is it because you know each other from previous occasions and he remembers you or because he is really that polite and open to his fans? I have never met him (obviously) but I have met a couple of other people I liked and other than getting their autograph and them being nice while signing, there wasn't any possibility for any more chat or anything else. So John sounds fantastic in that respect; a fan's dream come true. Do try and remember some more details, for example about things that you talked about in the train, what he is auditioning for, his mannerisms etc.

I agree with you about the way you described his body in your initial post; given the size of his body below the waste, I think it's time he stopped pumping iron in the upper part because it is getting rather assymmetrical. But then again who's looking; overall he does look devine and I suppose if you couple that with his stage presence, fabulous voice and rapport with the audience, it cannot get much better.

BTW, since yo have seen the show, I wonder if you can give us your opinion on the following: I read some reviews in the address below
    http://www.whatsonstage.com/dforum/d...ead=1123764697

and they are pretty mean about John, especially that Musical_lad. I mean, he is referring to John as if he were the worst thing that happened to MS ever; it's almost as if it were personal. Now, I saw MS ages ago in London and don't remember much other that it wasn't my kind of musical and I was quite bored. I only liked the Engineer. So I don't know what this Bui Doi is about and why John should be executed for ruining it (allegedly):-) Just go and read what these stupid people are writing there and tell us why you think they are being so nasty. I can't believe they can have a point. There one good thing in there though: one of them says that regardless of John being good or bad, the audience LOVED him so there! :-)

Musical_lad also mentions this phrase: "what's with the camp?". I'm not a native English speaker but I think it has something to do with being gay? I find the whole remark pretty offensive to tell you the truth. John's acting has nothing to do with his sexual orientation and dragging that in is pretty petty and of poor taste to say the least. But you were there, so you can give us a much better view.

As to my reference to the photo, I meant the one you are both in the train and his arms are all around you and he is holding you pretty close, lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it feel really? Am I amswering your question? And what did you mean about him being "flirtatious" and the way he looks into your eyes? Come on girl, you can't just drop bombs like that and walk away! :-))) You need to elaborate! Basically we need a transcript of the exact events and conversation; I'm surpised no one has asked for more details. :-) Or am I the only one not to have had the one-on-one JP experience? :-)

So I'd better wrap up my long post. I hope to hear from you and the other members soon.

Love,

Theresa

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ August 28, 2005 05:49 AM: Message edited by: terezoulini ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Theresa

I really can't give you a complete account of my time with John for two reasons. First I can't recall word for word and second, whilst I am happy to share, I have to keep something for myself. I hope you can understand this but I am happy to answer a few of your specific questions. As far as how did it come about, well, I have met John a few times before and I had e-mailed him when I saw the show the first time and he recognised me at the Stage Door. Also I am pretty upfront with people and so I just asked him straight out if it would be OK to walk to the station with him. He is a nice guy and, unless there was a reason not to, I thought he would say yes and I was right.

Off stage he is quite different from on stage in many ways but the one thing that is the same is his magnetism. As far as his way of holding your eyes and his flirtatiousness goes, he is very typical of a very good looking gay man who is sexy to both men and women. I think he revels in the attention and loves to be told how gorgeous he is. (I am not backward in coming forward and I told him exactly what I think of him!)

As for his performance in MS, I actually think that John being gay does affect his performance but only because he chooses for it to. He definitely camps it up on purpose and I think it is his way of being 'loud and proud' on the subject and my view is that, as long as the audience still gets the performance then why not?
    To explain camp, I guess it is in the way he walks, his mannerisms, facial expressions, gesticulations etc.

As for the photo, yes it was a fantastic hug.......I suspect that he feels fairly comfortable with me because I am very upfront with him but also I talk a lot about my husband and kids, all of whom have met John at some time.

I'm planning to go to Belfast in October to see him again and taking the family with me.

Lol

Debra x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345