Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The official website is up!!!Sonypictures
    Are you guys serious about John playing Roger in the movie?! o_O?!
    I mean, I adore John, but I just don't think he'd be the best for the role..
    Appart from the fact that he looks too old (Sorry, but let's face it! [img]wink.gif[/img] ), I just don't think he'd be as good as Adam. I mean, Adam was there right from the start and in my opinion he brings more emotions into the role.. But that's just me..

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px">John is about the same age as Adam, I think. And the movie industry *can* make you look 10 years younger. I like John's voice better. Adam has more of this Jon Bon Jovi rock-sounding thing which suits Roger better, though.

I'm not sure about the acting and emotion (I've only seen 2 movies with Adam and 3 plays with John, so It's hard to judge here).

Actually, I think it would be a tough choice (disregarding the fact that John's British [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

Ps. Gotta luv this pic (and the whole RENT The Movie Site with the BLOG - Anthony's entries are great):
    one

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ June 08, 2005 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Enessis ]</font>

Inactive Member unnamedjellicle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH MY GOD....its sooooo amazing...at first I had my doubts about the movie...on if they could pull it off. But wow...its going to be even better than I could have hoped...WOW.
    I think John would make/makes a great Roger. (His voice is soooo amazing, best ever!)...and seeing him in the movie may be the closest thing to me seeing him perform live...still though, I'm really glad they are using the OBC..omg it is going to be so good. I'm going to be soooo crazy when it comes out...*does backflips* [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

In a perfect world they would make a with John version and a with out John version...actually, in a perfect world I would get to see him perform live all the time...lol...and I'd be older...and he'd be straight... [img]wink.gif[/img] ...ermmm anyways...the Rent movie is going to be amazing...i really can't wait!
    c ya later,
    Andrea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that Movie really freaks you out! *lol*
    But it's the same with me! That movie will be like.. wow... I'll make everybody go watch it! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Kelliiii

hi all, been away a bit because my daughter's been in the hospital for pneumonia - things seem fine now thank god!

anyway, bombi i think you are right - i agree that john wouldn't be good in the movie rent. don't get me wrong, he has a great voice for the songs, but i wasn't thoroughly convinced with his acting in the part when i saw him. i couldn't feel the turbulent emotion that roger is suppose to be feeling - it just didn't come across as real when john played roger. but, he could sing the part wonderfully - did an amazing job.

there was one thing i saw of john as roger in a video - it was when they had the cast of rent perform a few songs in a stadium before a concert - forgot the concert - Peti & John were amazingly convincing on Ein Andermal (my absolute fav!!!!)in that clip - that was powerful with emoition - but onstage in the show - it lacked feeling unfortunately.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you! Somebody who understands me! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I mean.. John's never been singing better songs than during his Rent-time and it's my favorite role for him and he looked great but... Adam brings more personality to the role.

Bombi

Oh and Kelli: I hope your daughter's going to get well soon! - How old is she?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12