Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone. I was recently buzzing round the internet and I came across a site where they were sayingthat the drowsy chaperone may be cancelled because of lack of interest! There was an argument about wether it was going to be showed or not and they never really came to a colclusion so does anybody know about that here? Just wondered!
    all my love

mozlove

Hello.
    This will answer your question. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    http://www.whatsonstage.com/dforum/d...hn%20Partridge

Enjoy.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you and THANK GOD! It is actually going ahead! I can not wait! I'm doing really well with saving up! Another question I want to ask is how can I get hold of the german rent cast cd with john on? any help will be very much appreciated.
    cheers me dears
    all my love

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want to dampen your excitement as I too am really looking forward to Drowsy but you will find other discussion boards still saying that DC has been cancelled or at least postponed. The general opinion seems to be that it relates to the casting of Elaine Paige and that her availability is crucial to whether it goes ahead and, if so, when. Unfortunately none of us knows for definite until it happens but John was good enough to tell us when he had been cast so I like to think that he would also come back and tell us if the plans had changed.
    No idea on Tiffany - I haven't heard from her recently either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've just seen another discussion thread with this link to a BBC announcement about DC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6276605.stm
    This looks like promising news although they've obviously got their reporting wrong because Elaine Paige will not be playing Janet, as they describe.
    Previews in May and opening early June..can't wait.

KelliM

Whatsonstage posted this on their home page yesterday & it does sound like it's confirmed although, it only confirms Paige, not the rest of the cast - there's mention of M. Ball & Barrowman - I wonder why Barrowman is mentioned -- the only part he'd be suited for is the one John is doing... Link: http://www.whatsonstage.com/dl/page....E8821169141770

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I think John Barrowman could play Adolpho.

KelliM

Hm, maybe, but Adolpho is performed by an older man in New York - his name escapes me at the moment. As for Michael Ball - I wonder what part he'd be considered for - I thought maybe Adolpho. Barrowman and John both look the part of Robert - hopefully John didn't pull out of this show!!

KelliM

Topic Re: The Drowsy Chaperone
    Posted by Theatre Kid on 20-Jan-07 12:15
    Cast List
    Elaine Paige, Bob Martin, Summer Strallen, John Partridge, Ann Rogers,
    Nikolas Grace, Shaun Williamson, Ian Bartholemew, Jo Ellese, Caroline Sheen,
    Can't wait, and to everyone who thought it wouldn't happen............ !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My head has been swimming with DC information. Brain overload! Well thank you very much everyone for all fo your help. I'm just going to continue saving and hope for the best! You are right I don't think John would not tell us if it was cancelled, he seems to have a very sweet nature. Well thank you for your help. oh and thank you for what you said about westendgirly1 (that is tiffany right? i never knew her first name!!!)
    Thank you again
    All my love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast