Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I spoke to John after last night's show at The Pigalle Club and asked him about Drowsy. He said that he has been offered it and may be doing it but isn't certain at the moment because he has a number of other offers.

I asked him to come back here to the Board and let us know what he is doing. He said that he would but that he will have his own website up very soon and will post there about what he is doing.

Now we just have to wait and see!

Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh wow! it would be great if he had his own site, great idea john! Well thanks for telling me, I'll keep saving anyway because if he is'nt in drowsy i can use the money to see him in whatever else he'll be in!
    Thanks
    all my love

mozlove

Originally posted by Debra DD:

I asked him to come back here to the Board and let us know what he is doing. He said that he would but that he will have his own website up very soon and will post there about what he is doing.

Now we just have to wait and see!

Debra x
    <font size="2" face="Tahoma, Verdana">Wow, his own site! That's fantastic. I didn't think he'd ever put one up again...I guess if it does happen, it'll make up for all who never got to see his old website(s). Thanks for this bit of info!

KelliM

I thought he committed to the show?? [img]confused.gif[/img] I can't keep track anymore...That would be good of him to let everyone know what truly is next. Even though I cannot get over, it's always good to hear what everyone else has to say. I think the show should do well; esp with all the star power coming on board. It's different from any other show I've seen - I'm curious to see how it does in the British market. It might be too American.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I know what you mean Patti. I also thought John had committed to Drowsy but his name has not been linked with the recent announcements so I had an idea he was not as sure as we had thought. He was very honest when I asked him about it and I think this is what happens in theatre when performers are up for a number of roles.

I have the US cast recording of Drowsy and think it will be a very entertaining show which British audiences will warm to. With one or two well known names in the cast I can see it doing pretty well over here. It's light and fun and will be a contrast to a lot of the other musicals playing this year which are a bit on the heavier side.

I really hope John does play Robert but I also still have my fingers crossed that he may play Fiyero at some point in Wicked's run. I saw it last month for the first time and John would be such a fantastic Fiyero.

KelliM

Well, to me, these are both very one dimensional characters - I'd like to see him play a more complex part. I'd still like to see him pull off something like the Phantom (as the Phantom & not Raoul - yeah I know it's an old show, but I think John would bring the crowds back to that show with his interpretation) or even if they decide to do the stage version of Wonka - I think he'd be amazing in the title role - he has the comedic timing & sarcasm to be a fabulous Wonka.

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ January 27, 2007 08:41 AM: Message edited by: PattiC ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd quite like to see him as the phantom too. I always think he would make a good frank n furter too in the rochy horror show.
    Can not wait to see his site! Yay!
    all my love

mozlove

Wow, John as Phantom would be incredible. I would definitely pay to see him in that role.
    I had heard about Willy Wonka being made into a theatre show(has it already become one?)which will be different. I don't know about John being in that role. I couldn't judge it until I saw him in the role. Phantom is a definite wonderful show, and would be great with John as Phantom. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, if any of you find out his new own website, please post it here. well, what I mean is, when you meet him next, please ask John to write down his website-adress.

I don't think it will be called the same as the old one? guess now. But it's great to know, that one can get informations again about what John is doing first hand [img]smile.gif[/img] meaning from him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tuggerine:
    well, if any of you find out his new own website, please post it here. well, what I mean is, when you meet him next, please ask John to write down his website-adress.

I don't think it will be called the same as the old one? guess now. But it's great to know, that one can get informations again about what John is doing first hand [img]smile.gif[/img] meaning from him.
    <font size="2" face="Tahoma, Verdana">May I know what was the previous John Partridge website or something, which you people keep calling the "old one" I have just recently been into CATS, since I watched it from Childhood and have since then not gotten the copy of the Video nor the Soundtrack, Until I found the last copy of the video in stores, and including the original london cast recording, but have still to find the DVD >.< , They only had the VCD, but since I missed it so, I just had to get the VCD...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12