Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Debra DD:
    I am hoping to catch the show again in Woking maybe later this week so more info then and hopefully another photo or two.
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">When you take picture can you ask him to smile evenly please? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px">
    Originally posted by Rerina:
    When you take picture can you ask him to smile evenly please? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">[img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

And change his trademark half-face smile and half-face singing? [img]wink.gif[/img] All my friends keep saying that Johnny's smile looks strange in many pictures.

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ August 02, 2005 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Enessis ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Enessis:
    <div style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px"> And change his trademark half-face smile and half-face singing? [img]wink.gif[/img] All my friends keep saying that Johnny's smile looks strange in many pictures.

<font color="#990009"><font size="1">[ August 02, 2005 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Enessis ]</font></font>
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Alas no [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I in my turn think it's the thing that makes him look beautiful - because I can't change it anyway [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] . I know he can do this
    (some TV clips show this) and I want to see it!!! Let us have the pictures!!!

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ August 02, 2005 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Rerina ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Bombi:
    I know message-boards were everybody is 'so in love' with the actor, that as soon as somebody 'criticizes' him everybody's in a fight. I think it's always important to stay objective..
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Well, I wouldn't say I'm objective [img]wink.gif[/img] Although everything you're talking of is familiar to me - for some reason Machael Crawford's fans are very aggressive.

And Rerina- I must agree about Lestat! (Did you read some of the books?)
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Yes, I've read "The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice all the books of the series except for "Memnoch". I can't say Lestat is my favourite character, on the contrary - I just can't stand him [img]smile.gif[/img] But a few years ago already while "playing casting" for the "Queen of the Damned" I suggested JP should play Lestat and expressed a wish somebody would make a musical on this topic. The funny thing is - half of my wishes has come true [img]smile.gif[/img] There's just a little more to be done: to adapt the musical for London and to give the part to Johnny (oh, I wish he could hear us - what a brilliant career he'd have *LOL*)

sadly, but it often happens that there are actors I really adore and then realise that they strongly remind me of John
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Oh no, it's not about me. Johnny is unique, although he's not my only object of worship. However, my every idol is unique for me [img]smile.gif[/img] I am enchanted by manners of some of them, by acting technique, or appearance, or voice of others... And Johnny has too much of everything, so one can easily excuse him the lack of ability "to be different" (although I still don't agree about Roger).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kelliiii:
    I think the one point we can all agree on is that John has a brillant voice. Whether or not we can agree abt his acting, we love his voice!
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">I've always kept asking one question: why does this or that voice come to be so crucial for us? Anyway it's just a set of vibrations of certain frequency [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] I can't even say why I like John's voice - it casts a spell on me, my organism reacts to it in a certain way, and I like these reactions. There is one more voice that influences me that strongly, although absolutely in a different manner. But I not always like the way John uses his voice, and when he sings not the way I want him to I start critising. Others' (including John himself) opinion on how it should be doesn't interest me at all - I'm selfish. However, as I have no power to influence the situation, everything always happens according to the same scenario: first I scold and suffer, but keep listening, then I start hearing I'm accustomed to, and the end is -"Didn't I like? Can anybody tell me what exactly I didn't like?" [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Kelliiii:
    Just because we criticize John's acting, that doesn't mean that we don't love him....
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Yes, because that's us! We may! And others [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] (I'm just kidding [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Rerina:
    Yes, I've read "The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice all the books of the series except for "Memnoch". I can't say Lestat is my favourite character, on the contrary - I just can't stand him [img]smile.gif[/img] But a few years ago already while "playing casting" for the "Queen of the Damned" I suggested JP should play Lestat and expressed a wish somebody would make a musical on this topic. The funny thing is - half of my wishes has come true [img]smile.gif[/img] There's just a little more to be done: to adapt the musical for London and to give the part to Johnny (oh, I wish he could hear us - what a brilliant career he'd have *LOL*)
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Yeah, I prefer others as well! I mean Lestat is really hot but I think Marius is so much nicer! [img]wink.gif[/img] I only read Armand yet so I might be a bit biased.. I've still got four other books waiting for me.. *g*
    -Sry for being OT but I like those books!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

I'm really interested in what Elton John has made out of it.. Can't wait for the reviews and the CD! *lol*

Bombi

Inactive Member unnamedjellicle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never heard of "The Vampire Chronicles" or seen John perform live but this is a great discussion and i just had to get in on it...lol.
    John really does have an amazing voice...
    @Rerina- His voice seems to cast a spell on me too...it just makes me forget all the everyday hassles and the only thing i can focus on is how great his voice is.
    As for his shows...though I haven't seen anything live, it seems obvious that he carries the Tugger-like attitude everywhere. At least thats what I've picked up from photos and interviews...even when he isn't acting...its just sort of his personality I guess...I'm not that great of a judge though, considering I've never met him
    [img]confused.gif[/img]
    well...must be off!
    p.s. I totally agree about the criticism thing...this board is great! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Andrea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I prefer others as well
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">My voice is for:
    1. Louis
    2. Armand
    3. Daniel
    My voice is against:
    1. Lestat
    2. David
    3. Akasha

However, my attitude depends very much on who is the narrator at the moment. I don't like Lestat because it's very difficult to be next to him, and the only opportunity not to conflict with him is to be him [img]smile.gif[/img] . In fact I just don't like
    him, and on the basis of my attitude I evaluate his behaviour. But at some moments when he speaks about himself I sympathize with him very much. The same is true about other characters: I liked and disliked almost all of them depending
    on the context and the narrator's point of view. Coming back to stereotypes - Lestat suits Johnny perfectly, because that's the type he's already performed. Besides, Johnny suits the description of the appearance: very tall, blonde (well,
    that's what can come [img]smile.gif[/img] ), extremely attractive, well built, artistic and sings beautifully.

I mean Lestat is really hot but I think Marius is so much nicer!
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Hmm, after Armand my perception of Marius has changed: the nimbus over his head is as if gone [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I've still got four other books waiting for me..
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Have you started with Armand? That's amazing [img]smile.gif[/img] . However, my favourite books of the series are that very Armand and The Queen of the Damned. I've read the rest just in order to know the plot. And what Rice does with her characters in "Gold and Blood" [img]confused.gif[/img]

I'm really interested in what Elton John has made out of it..
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">I'm just dying of curiosity!!!!!!!!!!!!! Judging by Elton John's other works it's gonna be something nice, but the question is "How will our favourite and not quite favourite characters be shown?"

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ August 03, 2005 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Rerina ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by unnamedjellicle:
    I've never heard of "The Vampire Chronicles" or seen John perform live
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">I have never seen John alive either. Only on video. And I realize that when I watch his shows on recordings that are not always of good quality I loose some energy that goes from the performer to the audience, some kind of contact that one can feel in the theatre. It's better than nothing. But it doesn't give me any notion of Johnny as a real person - for me he's
    just a mixture of characters and my attitude towards these characters [img]smile.gif[/img] That is probably why the stereotypical "distribution of the parts" is so strong in this case. By the way, have you noticed that virtually all the parts that are
    proclaimed "suitable" for Johnny have once been played by Adam Pascal? Funny...

Speaking about his voice - I have difficulties describing what happens to me. No matter what - for me Johnny isn't just the voice. It's an image consisting of the voice, the manners, the appearance. No idol has ever entered my personal
    Olympus so impetuously and so impudently (it's very much in the character of Tugger, isn't it? [img]smile.gif[/img] ), making other "celestial citizens" step aside and ascending the throne. Anyway, one more idol has managed to stay on the pedestal not
    competing with Johnny at all - he has his own Olympus (I'm so-o-o generous [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] )

Generally, there are shows that I like very much and there are characters that I mark out, and I would easily give Johnny any of the parts just out of curiousity - how would it look like? The part of the Phantom is a debatable question for me, just because I don't like the Phantom, but perhaps Raoul... Certainly Frank-n-Furter from RHSh - I like RHSh [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] !!! It seems to me he would perfectly suit any of the German
    shows: the Death in "Elisabeth", Herbert in "Tanz der Vampire" (ve-ery original, isn't it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). I'm curious about how he'd cope with the part of Billy or Marcus (I adore "Taboo" in general, and I would let Johnny "try on" all the parts from this show [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Still possibly Judas, Persy (SP), Gaston (B&B).

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ August 04, 2005 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Rerina ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And still Figaro [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast