Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi everybody!

About a year ago roaming about this message board [img]smile.gif[/img] I came across a quotation from Uwe Kroeger concerning John's playing the part of Roger in the German tour of "Rent". I remember exactly that there were words about his "brilliant voice" and that Uwe was very impressed. After that I started treating Uwe very kindly, too [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm sorry that I didn't keep the text - could anybody help me restore it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey quite funny. I tried google and the first link was to this hostboard (I already knew that it is great but I was surprised nevertheless [img]wink.gif[/img]

This link shows the whole quotation:
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/4012/t/178

Look at the signature of Demetress

Bye and have a nice day [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those who don't know the origin. It was in the newspaper "Musicals" from Aug/Sep 1999. There is a section called "Blind date" where singers judge recordings. This time it was Melinda Chua and Uwe Kr?ger judging "Glanz und Glory":

'Glanz und Glory' from the musical Rent (German Cast 1999) performed by John Partridge - the song is great, the voice of the star from "The Fix" and "Cats" has immense qualities too. Which leaves the German translation by HRK...

Melinda Chua: Another song I really like. It was interesting to hear this song in German since I've only seen Rent on Broadway in 1996 [...]
    What I find interesting about this version is the fact that the voices of the original actor and the singer in Germany are unbelievable similar. Both have the right mixture of rock- and musicalsound and both have a very strong voice.
    A good song that has something to say and a great new version!

Uwe Kroeger: This obviously was John Partridge, the Roger of the German Rent production. A brilliant voice, a great timbre. I'm very impressed. The only things that's bugging me is the translation - at some points I have a real problem with it [...] HRK certainly is a genius, and his translation of Les Miserables is really brilliant, but to translate Rent into german probably was difficult.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanx Laura, I remembered that it was in somebody's signature, but I didn't remember in whose exactly. Perhaps I chose wrong words for search, because the search on the message-board gave me a whole bunch of results, but not the necessary one. Or I have another Google [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]