Thread: John lately?

KelliM

Question

Anyone see or hear from John lately? I'm just wondering how rehearsals are going for the show & if he had a chance to get to see the show in New York. I wish he had an email address up on his profile so we could contact him to send best wishes. Is there any advertising going on for the show? I think this show should do very well - I wonder how ticket sales are going!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

When I spoke to John recently he talked about rehearsals starting around about now. He also said that there would be some publicity, including some daytime TV here. I'll let you know when I know more - I have some feelers out on this.

John said that he had flown over to NY see the show and had taken his Mum and they both loved it and found it laugh out loud funny.

I have seen some clips and have listened to the soundtrack hundreds of times and never tire of it. I think it's going to be a real hit here and that John will be superb as Robert. It seems like a perfect role for him - great vocals, roller skating and tap dancing and lots of humour, a fair bit of it very tongue in cheek.

Maybe there will be a website to send messages to cast like there was for part of the Miss Ssigon tour. If not, I'm happy to pass on any messages for you if you want. I have a few trips to Drowsy planned now.

Debra x

Debra

Debra

KelliM

Hey thanks for the info Deb! I kinda figured he must have been flown over to see the NY show - he said when he was up for Aida way back when it was coming to London that that was on the agenda, too. That's very nice of him to take his mother. I wonder what they thought of New York City! I used to go all over with my mother before she had her stroke - I know how rewarding it is to be able to share something special like that with a parent. Time is so short.

Thanks for the offer to pass a message on - you can tell him that I'm proud of him for reaching for his goals. Maybe one of these days I'll ring him up to see how he liked NY.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is so sweet of him to take his mother. I can not wait to see D.C in May.
    All my love

thegiant

Thanks for that bit Debra. I see he still has that breathless charm.... [img]wink.gif[/img]