Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px">Anyone interested in it? PM me. It sounds... different. @_o And where's Anthony's vibrato?! What's happened to it? Where did it go?! (sorry, I can't control myself). And would you listen to the extended Tango Maureen? Wow, I can already imagine Anthony dancing away. =) Everything is louder and bigger, but I don't think it's right for every song.</div>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You've got the recording? That's cool! I'll buy it some time soon, it's just that it costs 20$ and in germany it's about 40$ from amazon! o_O!
    Which one did you get? A special-edition one or the normal one? I'm not sure which one to get 'cause I just can't decide between Roger, Mimi an Mark! *sighs*
    I've listened to the songs on the website and from what I heard it was pretty good, although I thought that Glory didn't sound personal enough anymore.. It had this metallic sound and wasn't 'Roger and his guitar' anymore.. you know what I mean?

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

can't you order it over amazon.com? or maybe sound of music? If we really have to pay 40 bucks, erm, yeah, maybe I'll get it in April ::sigh:: Haven't even listened to it yet cause my parents internet connection is ****ed up. yay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'll probably wait till x-mas.. *sighs*
    The movie won't be out till April anyway.. And now the fun part: I'll be in England right then and it should still be in the movies there while I'm there and that means no stupid german dub and no subtitels! *yay*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds great [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm hoping that one of the smaller cinemas in heidelberg or frankfurt (or stutti) will show it without dubbing/subtitles (any knews on what they're actually doing?).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have no idea.. I'm still hoping that it will come here at all.. I mean I'm sure it will but I can't imagine Rent in german cinemas! Probably I'll have a look at the german version after I've seen the original one. I'll hate it but at least I'll have something to laugh about. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Right now I'm rather thinking of Rent in Frankfurt! I still can't believe I'll actually see Rent on stage! Do you have any news about the cast?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nope, no news but I have to admit I haven't asked yet (I don't want to annoy them too much [img]wink.gif[/img] ) maybe I'll threaten someone into telling me when I'm there on Sunday (midsummernight's dream... good old shakey). They shoudl announce it soon though, at least she SAID end of September ::scowl::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px">Lol, you kinda went a bit OT here, but who cares. =) Anyways, you can get the whole RENT Movie Recording very easily (v.good quality too) if you just PM me (I'm trying to give something back to the community, call me naive [img]wink.gif[/img] )

@Bombi: About "One Song Glory" - they did make it a little over-the-top, it doesn't sound personal right now, but I hope it'll translate better into the big screen, but yeah - they should've left it untouched.
    </div>

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ September 27, 2005 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Enessis ]</font>

Inactive Member unnamedjellicle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree about some of the songs being too big/over the top...esp. Glory buuuut it is a movie which (duh [img]wink.gif[/img] ) requires some different techniques and stuff like that...i still think it will be great...I'm SO exited about it...the other day i saw the trailer on a dvd and freaked out...I was like "OMG thats RENT! It's RENT RENT RENT!" then went on to talk about how wonderful it was...lol.
    Is the soundtrack out yet?!? last time i checked on the RENT site it said it would be "coming soon..."

**My birthday is this SUNDAY! *i'll be 16* [img]biggrin.gif[/img] **
    Its the day after our homecoming dance...so it will be like one big party...lol...sry that was random but i had to post it... [img]redface.gif[/img]
    must be off
    Andrea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry bout the OTness [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think I might even wait till the movie is released here, cause I don't wanna go in thinking "X isn't as good as he was 9 years ago" or anything like that. I doubt I'll make it (especially what with going to go crazy in November cause of Rent Ffm), but it's worth a try ::shrug::

yup, soundtrack's been out since Monday, methinks, or maybe Tuesday, at least in the states ::scowl::

Hm, is it really, like, more "rock" than the cast recordings? cause I think that would make me a very happy girl.

eta: Bombi (and all other germans) soundofmusic has it for 29 euros (screw amazon)

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ September 28, 2005 03:52 AM: Message edited by: anna_davey ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast