Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hi All. I'm just back from a weekend in Manchester with my family and two of my daughters and I went to see Miss Saigon on Saturday. The show was good but not the best I've seen it and John was wonderful as he ever is but it wasn't his best performance either. His Bui Doi lacked a certain something..a bit unenthusiastic I think. Some of his other bits of dialogue and songs were really exceptional though and his stage presence was, as usual, phenomenal. I often hear people in the audince commenting about him and on Saturday a couple of women sat along from me were lusting about his body. When I cheered and shouted 'Go Johnny' after Bui Doi, one of them asked if he was my husband! After the show we spent a fab 15 minutes together and had a really good chat (not to mention loads of hugs and kisses). John was in a really happy mood. He clearly loves being in Manchester and close to his family. He is very much a family man and he was fantastic with my daughters, especially my youngest, Katrina who is 6. Katrina had made him a little book of drawings and stories about Rent, Cats, Starlight Express and Miss Saigon (the poor child has been brought up on John related music and videos/DVDs but this was her first trip to see him in the flesh). John seemed really moved by this and gave her a huge hug and promised to keep the book always. John said that he is contracted to MS until April and is up for two parts in new shows opening in London next year. I'm not sure that he is really supposed to say which parts before casting so I'd rather not say at the moment but I'll watch out and let you know as soon as I see anything confirmed. Hope you are all OK with that, the last thing I want to do is annoy him. He's so sweet to me when I see him. I asked about Sommernacht next year and John said that he has been asked but doesn't know yet if he'll be available. I've made up my mind to make the trip next year if he's going to be there. John also said that he has bought a little property in Manchester for when he visits family so he now has homes in Manchester, London and Berlin. I have some photos in processing and will post them when I can...hopefully before Xmas. Oh and he has grown his hair, apparently the producer of MS asked him to grow it.It looks very boyish and is quite dark. I prefer it blonde and a bit trendier but hey who's complaining. Totally gorgeous to me and, as always, I just had to tell him so. Have a great festive season. Lol Debra

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Debra, thank you for your story. It was very nice to know about John.
    Oh, he is so sweet, I just imagine that if he had children of his own he would be very good father, because he was so kind to your daughter, and you dauther is so nice, she's only six, but she's already a John-fan.

I'm so sad that I can't see John in MS, I'm not from Britain and when I was in London from 28 of June to 10 of July MS I lived near Woking where it was set to start on 15 of July. I was so sad. And now I'm going to Britain in February, and there are no MS tour perfomances in February. It's a curse! =(

P.S. Sorry for my English

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My friend and I are going to see Miss Saigon again on Thursday. She was thinking of taking a picture she took of him when she saw him last and asking him to sign it for her. Can anybody tell me whether this would be frowned upon as I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Kido

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Susan. John has signed photos for me before and I'm sure he'll be happy to do so for your friend. He's generally pretty easy going with fans - I've only ever seen him once in a bit of a bad mood and that was because some girls were hassling him and he needed to get away quickly. I always show him respect by asking if he has time for a chat or a photo etc rather than just assume and lately he has been happy to chat on and on. I hope your frined enjos seeing him again. Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just re-read my last post and yours Susan and not only has my typing gone to pot but I missed that you are going to the show too. I put it down to 'post seeing John brain drain'. Have a great time! John told me that he is going to Germany in March and May and I'm planning to take my Mum to see MS in Southampton in March for her 80th birthday. If you get a chance could you please ask him if he has any time off in March and if so when in March as I'd hate to go and him not be there! Don't worry if you cant though - I'll find a way to find out somehow.
    Cheers Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your help. She's already picked out which photo she wants him to sign. If we do manage to talk to him I'll let you all know. I hope this make sence as I'm far too hyper as it's only 26 1/2 before we go.

Kido

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for those bits of information! If he's really done with MS in April and does something in London I might actually get a chance to see him! *yay*
    And he better got to the Sommernacht! *sobs*
    Anyway, sounds as if you had a great time. (Who wouldn't! [img]wink.gif[/img] )
    Can't wait for the pictures!

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to see MS last night. It was the third time I've seen it and the second time in Manchester. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but for me John just wasn't John last night. I don't know why. It's almost as if he was just trying too hard especially in Bui Doi. When I saw it on the opening night on Manchester he just seemed so much more relaxed. I have to say though the rest of the cast were far better than on the opening night. Sadly I didn't get chance to talk to him properly as he seemed to be in a hurry. He was (as always) perfectly amenable and let me take a couple of photos, signed a couple of photos for my friend and I and wished me a happy Christams but I just got the feeling he was anxious to be somewhere else.

Kido

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The photos:
    (they may look the same, but they're not ^_~)
    manchester1 tb

manchester2 tb

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh gosh, I haven't been around here for such a long time. Lots had happened in my life. Personal loss in my family. I was really rather down and lost for a long time. But then theres also always so much to do, I don't get around all the boards anymore of all the subjects I'm interested in.

But I was wondering for a long time what John was doing. Thanks a lot for posting some news on him on here, and lovely pics. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with the german fans on the german board who wonder whats up with him.

Does anyone know, what he is doing right now? or next?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast