Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Miss Saigon and John

Kelliiii

Saw Wicked in Chicago a few days ago - the 1st US National Tour - great performers - unbelievable voices & acting skills, but I'm not fond of the storyline - it's very insightful, but it rubs me the wrong way - not sure...Anyway, now that I know who Fiyero is, I cannot see John doing that part at all - I can understand why he'd try to go for that part given the success of the show, but I just cannot see him as Fiyero.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

Went to see the closing night performance of Miss Saigon last night with my daughter Leah, Kido and her friend. The show was great but John did a runner straight from the stage door, even though I was there as the curtain fell so presumably he must have really wanted to avoid seeing any fans? I did see him very briefly during the matinee when he came to the door doing up his belt ready to go back on stage and asked what I was doing there. I had actually arrived a bit early and was waiting to see if we could catch a quick few words after the matinee finished but he went back in and didn't reappear.

His performance was good on the whole and in some places outstanding but he did seem to be struggling a bit with his voice in some places and he has really lost a lot of weight again, just in the three months since I last saw him in Southampton.

Anyway no news to share about what he's doing next and I don't really know how we are going to find out...feeling a bit bereft today really.

Kelliiii

Hm, thanks for the info. Is it a significant amount of weight loss would you say? Can you put a number on it? Weight loss is not a good thing as he's not very hefty at all.

I think John has his reasons for avoidances which is certainly his choice - I just wish he'd not isolate people who truly care for his well-being. Life is too short & true, die hard, loyal friends are few to find. Possibly you didn't feel avoided Deb, but I take things very personally, so that's just me. Life goes on....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like you I also take things personally and I am a little hurt but I'll get over it and as you say he probably has his reasons.

Weight loss wise I would say it is significant given that he is pretty lean anyway. I just hope that he is well. Debra xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As Debra says I went to Miss Saigon last night and I would say that on the whole it was probably the 2nd best I've seen john perform. The best being opening night in Manchester. I know John's lost weight in receint months but most of it seems to have happened since I saw him in Birmingham at the begining of May. I too hope he's ok because I don't know whether it was just where we were sitting and the lighting etc. but to me he seemed to look "grey". Hopefully he's ok and will get something else and soon so we can see him again.

Kido

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678