Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The cast is up on the website now.. To be honest I know none of them.. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    BUT ironically the guy who plays Mark was the understudy for Chris in the UK tour of Miss Saigon. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
    Why couldn't they just go and cast the current 'John' from the Miss Saigon tour as Roger? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

16 days! : [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ances:: I'm actually quite glad to see some new faces (if they're good).

::scutters off to re-read synopsis/find more clues on what they changed::

do you know when you'll be going yet?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah. It looks as if I'm only gonna see it once though. [img]frown.gif[/img] I'll be there on December the 17th. I can't wait to actually see RENT!!! *bounces*
    Will you give me a review when you've seen it? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    And erm.. what are you saying about changes?! [img]eek.gif[/img] I only looked at the cast.. I thought that was the standard-text!

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hm, I actually thought about going on Dec 17th (there's someone else from cb going as well, so, like...) dependson how much I like it [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll try to write a review but me's not very good at it.

well (it could be the standart text but it's horribly written)... only thing that's REALLY obvious is that there's a Mimi's dad instead of Mimi's Mom. No mention of Mr. Grey though that'd be sad :/ It has a really weird bit about Without You (it sounds a lot more like "They're considering to break up" instead the usual Roger's in the hospital and sad and Mimi's sad and then Mimi comes back and ::sob:: ). Contact is explained as Angel having a feverish dream about past sexual relationsships (wtf???)... didn't find anything else, I guess except for the Mimi's dad part it might just be not very well-written by someone who doesn't have a clue about the show (actually looks like someone sat down with the libretto and did it without ever seeing the show, there are a few too many quotes from the libretto ::shudders::

you should read it it's weird.

... I'd almost forgotten you've never seen it before :/ should be fun [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, the thing about Angels dream sounds REALLY weird! [img]eek.gif[/img] I guess I'll have a look at the text later on..
    I am so excited, you wouldn't believe it! I so wanted to see the play before I see the movie.. although it still freaks me out that I'll have to wait till April for that movie! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] The only good thing is that I'll be in England at that time so I'll see it in english! *yay*
    There aren't any movie theatres were it's possible to watch the original movie before it comes out in german, are there?
    Anyway, would be great to see you on the 17th! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm forcing my Mum and my best friend to come with me, although my friend wants to see it cause she's obsessed too and my Mum kinda likes it although she doesn't know everything and I'm starting to talk random stuff now but that keeps me from my homework so that's good...

Okay, talk to you later. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
    Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been wondering about the release dates as well, honestly couldn't find out whether they're allowed to screen movies OmU before the "real" german version is released... best chance would be at etablished program-theaters... I dunno. I'll ask.

yeah, angel's dream... you know... they only have the leads plus four actors (two of which are female) so either they make him bi or his past sexual life was rather boring OR we'll have loads of angel/whoever slash which would amuse be beyond words (angel/roger... hell yeah (mwhahahah)).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

askflx! is all I'm able to say right now. (****ing brilliant) I think I'll spend rather a lot time in Frankfurt till January. review to follow on monday or so cause my sis is still here and I don't wanna spend hours in front of the computer *g* It's really really amazing, and it works really well on teh small stage and yeah (though teh actors are all very muchly brittish and it cracked me up) yeah.

and Tim is a hot Roger, though a midget (I <3 midgets) and very VERY camp ::snerk::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh gaaaawd! You actually made my day! ^-^
    It's great to know that my first RENT cast is a good one and I can't wait to see the show, although I'll only be able to see it once.. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I'm glad you enjoyed it and I guess the camp Roger makes up for the fact that I never saw John as Roger. *lol*
    Can't wait for your review!

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mwahahaha, just booked tickets for december 18th (can't make 17th, have a stupid math exam and have to get drunk with friends afterwards) and february 12th (aka closing ::cries:: ) cause obviously I'm insane.
    Tim's Roger is... very very different, but in a good way (he just seems so freaking scared and cute and YOUNG) but you really have to get used to his voice to enjoy the show... but the production is absolutely amazing, I mean... they cut a few lines, added a few "yes" and "no"s (and a "punk!") but it all just seems so much more REAL than in any other production I've seen so far. (and we have the best Mark's Mom ever, I mean EVER)

yes.

I'm pretty certain you'll like it [img]smile.gif[/img] just, like, don't expect anything like you might be used to from footwear...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So there are a few changes.. hm.. I guess that's not too bad cause I'm kinda open for changes (eg I don't freak out because of a spoken dialogue in a rent-movie! [img]wink.gif[/img] ). Now what do you mean with 'get used to his voice'? [img]confused.gif[/img]
    I hope he doesn't sound to boyisch cause that's something i actually can't stand. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    But I'm so glad you say the show's good!!!
    It's a pity we won't get to meet, but still, I can't wait for it! The thing is i've got my Maths-test two days later so the best thing to do is ignore every thought about it which shouldn't be to hard while seeing RENT! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Anyway, you're one lucky girl to get to see it that often.. *sighs*

Talk to you soon,
    Bombi

PS What are the costumes like? Blue pants for Mimi? And please give me an idea of what I've got to be prepared for.. You sound very misterious.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ November 28, 2005 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Bombi ]</font>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast