Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hm. well there are a few pictures up at the website now (english-theatre.de) it's just... different. there really isn't anything that's exactly the same as in the bway or former german prod. There are a few, erm, hints, like blue vinyl pants (though a lot later in teh show than in the original prod)... and teh handcuff dance... although they kinda did their own spin on that one (sooooooo funny).

costumes : [img]tongue.gif[/img] onder:: except for the blue vinyl (and quite frankly I'm not even sure whether it was mimi wearing them) completely different. Roger's wearing cowboy boots cause Tim is a midget. Mimi, Collins and Maureen occasionally wear underwear ::nod:: and Mark is wearing converses! YAY!
    Joanne is actually wearing doc martens which is cool but makes that line in T:M kinda weird. Mark's Mom? best friggin costumes ever, especially teh first one. I'm not too fond of the Angel costumes... in YOH he looks like a clown, than they put him into some weird white dress with angel wings and a blue wig... than there were animal-print tights that didn't fit... and some really weird balloon pants when he was dying...

Tim's voice is... well. different. someone said nasal but that's not really it... dunno, it takes a little to get used to, just don't expect your usual roger voice (still don't know whether I like it or not either, but I heart midget!roger so I don't really care).

yeah, there are changes, but I actually think a lot of them make it a better show. I love those little "yes"s and "no"s... they cut a few lines, but the only one I really really missed was the "it tastes the same"-"if you close your eyes!" stuff (and the whole fighting stuff during contact, but it wouldn't have worked with the way it was staged). they might've shortened OTM but I'm not sure... there were a few other ones, but nothing major. I think they slightly changed a few lines as well...

I just read that the producer actually wanted ot take it on tour through germany afterwards :/ but they didn't get the rights cause of the stupid movie coming out I guess...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay... I saw the pics and the only thing taht really freaks me out is how Angel looks.. It's so NOT Angel.. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Appart from that I think I can live with most of the costumes.. What was kinda weird..erm.. is that Maureen on tehone picture not wearing any pants? [img]eek.gif[/img] What is that about?
    Well, I really would have seen a production I'm kinda used too but this should do.. I mean it reminds me of the nytw.. Like nothing back, just back to the roots or something.. Does that make sence? I'll just have to prepare my Mum.. I mean she's easy with those things but still I'm afraid that she might not like it for some reason.. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    Anyway, thanks for all those informations.. I'm so hyper about it! just one more question: What about the music and the voices? What are they like? (Appart from Roger, who sounds really interesting.. I really hope I like him.. Should try to abandon John and Adam from my mind. [img]wink.gif[/img] )

Thanks!
    Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

uhm, I just posted a loooooong review (about five pages in word) over at cb.org in international productions section.

and yes, maureen isn't wearing any pants. There's also Mimi in nothing but underwear in OT... and Collins in boxer-shorts during WY. yeah.

voices. hm. the girl playing Mimi almost cracked during OT (and apparently did the same on Thursday) we hope it's just a cold, but, yeah... the other songs were all fine, she sounds really great in the slower parts.
    Edward (Collins) has an amazing voice, as does Cathryn (Maureen) her OTM is INSANE.
    Mark (Angel) is, hmmm, he seemed to have trouble with those high notes, wasn't too fond of him...
    everyone else was good [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (and gbemisola is about the cutest Joanne ever)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I'm reading it right now and... Why did nobody tell me about the world-tour?!! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    I mean.. I'm on cb like every day but then head straight for the movie section cause I just can't really add anything to Rent in NYC and stuff.. I am SO going to the Neatherlands.. why do they leave germany out anyway? I mean.. That means I get to see Rent again! *yay*
    So if you're planning to go (which you obviously are..) maybe we can meet up there? Sorry, I'm a bit hyper.. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still hoping for dates in Germany (aparently the english theatre wanted to send their production on tour but couldn't get the rights because of some "european tour" going on... we'll see) if not, I'll try to make the dutch or hungarian performance, but as long as there are no dates I can't say whether I'll be able to go. would love to, though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Anna!

I just read an article about Rent in Frankfurt and erm... Please tell me they're just stupid and have no idea about the show, cause what they wrote was something like: "Mimi wants him to light her candle and he does and then they fall in love. But the thing is that Roger is really jealouse and Mimi's an SM-Dancer so they break up. unfortunatly, before they can make up, she dies."
    That's not true, is it?! o_O?!
    Apart from that they said teh production was really good but what I mentioned above kind of bothered me.

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you mean the dying part? nope. would've mentioned that [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw where did you find that article? I either skipped that part or haven't found it yet...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was in 'Da Capo', the magazine.. If you get it you should have found the article. It was also mentioned on the cover.
    Anyway, glad she survives! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nope, don't get it... hmmm, is there a lot on it (or pictures or stuff) (aka is it worth buying, just for that article?)? (or could you scan it maybe?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a scanner but I could try to take a picture of it. The fotos are the ones from the website though and the article hasn't got that much information in it..
    I wouldn't say you've got to buy it just because of that.. Then again they have something about We will Rock you and Alex in it so this months 'Da capo' is actually quite good! ^-^

Bombi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast