Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

supposedly they have it at the train station here in heridelberg... I'll have a look at it.
    (hm... 5 days till you'll see rent (yay!)... send tiny Tim some love)

eta: wtf just bought it... that was about the most dreadful article I've ever read. I mean they're a musical magazin and managed to a) get a characters name wrong, b) get the reason of J Larson's death wrong ans c) missed the fact that Mimi doesn't actually die. seriously, wtf (and this doesn't even include the 23852435243 other WTFs that article includes)

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ December 13, 2005 11:18 AM: Message edited by: anna_davey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I told you the article was weird! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Anyway, just had to get rid of this:
    OMG!!! I'LL SEE RENT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*bounces around the house*
    (Sry, I know: Capitals are evil, but you'll surely understand my little outburst! [img]wink.gif[/img] )

*Hugz*
    Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so... ? what'd you think?

gotta get going in an hour or so (yay!)

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ December 18, 2005 08:07 AM: Message edited by: anna_davey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG! OMG! OMG!
    I can't list it all up but it was SO good!!!
    Roger really wasn't my case.. he was more the ex-junky than the rock-musician. But he was okay.. (Reminded me of Charly from Lost. -_-) I liked his acting a lot but even my Mum (!!!) said something like: Well, if you've heard John's voice before it's really hard to get used to this guy.. The thing is that even my Mum really liked it! There was this older couple coming too late and they were sitting beside my mum and when they came I already thought they looked like 'Oooh, we want to show how posh we are and visit an english speking theatre'. My Mum was kind of annoyed because they never applauded at all and -just as I had assumed- they were gone after the break! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    But back to the play: I loved almost everything! You were right about everything you said about Mimi, Roger and Angel but the others were amazing! Specially Mark (He wasn't that shy at all.. I mean him and Maureen during La vie Boheme... they were o_O!!!) and Collins.. and I liked Joanne although she wasn't really the typical Joanne I would have expected and Take me or leave me was stunning!!!
    There's so much I want to say, but I can't remember everything and it seems so far away. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    You've seen it yourself anyway but just one last thing I want to add: I've listened to the CD about a few hundred times and I never cried but now that I saw it on stage.. It was so horrible cause I thought I would cry out loud. It all started with Without you and ironically I paid almost no attention at Roger an Mimi (Who were always the most important characters to me..) but I kept staring at Collins and Angel and then I just started crying and it went on all the time until the end of the show although it wasn't that bad anymore. During I'll cover you reprise I couldn't look at Collins cause I would have started sobbing all over again.. I did it anyway. -_-*
    Oh and I liked the way they changed Contact cause now it seems to belong more into the play than it used to... Gosh, I even cried during Rogers and Marks fight.. It was kind of emberassing. -_-*

Anyway, I'm so glad that I've seen it and my friends in school will hate me tomorrow cause I won't be able to stop talking about RENT! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hugz,
    Bombi

I want to go with you! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ December 18, 2005 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Bombi ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

glad to hear you liked it [img]smile.gif[/img] I kinda like the ex-junkyness, since that's what he is, a wannabe-rockstar ex-junky, and, yeah ::hearts::
    I hope I'll enjoy him more now that I know what to expect voice-wise...

kay, gotta run, frankfurt is waiting...

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ December 18, 2005 08:37 AM: Message edited by: anna_davey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have fun! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh damn, you should've been there tonight. It was as if even the actors were shocked about how good the show was. Just... gah. and Tim is sick, he was sniffing an aweful lot and pale beyond words, poor kid [img]frown.gif[/img] haha, he actually managed to break the padlock, he was, like, tugging at it and suddenly was holding it, whispered "oh ****" and turned to Jon like "what on earth am i supposed to do now?" but he managed to put it back together without too many people noticing. They changed a lot of the staging and arrangements already, most of them for the better. oh yeah, and Ngo's vocals are a LOT better than they were last time ::loves::

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ December 20, 2005 10:32 AM: Message edited by: anna_davey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nope, haven't heard of any upcoming UK productions. The first "big" prod in germany flopped as well, the one right now is only running for three months in a TINY theatre (about 300 seats) and quite different from the way the show is uaually staged. I guess the performing rights for germany are pretty cheap by now, what with the ET doing it now, and I heard rumours of other small theatres planning to do it next year...

Did you liked the movie? I thought it was absolutely dreadful, as in, freaking funny but unintentionally... (uhm ::shifty eyes:: you know I took a plane to the states over christmas went to see the movie and then took the next plane home... right.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this probably sounds a bit wierd but does anyone know if Rent is coming back to the UK as I believe it flopped in the West End. I would so love to see it but with my current timetable I can't get over to Germany (or anywhere else for that matter). I've just been watching the film and it's made me really curious now to see how it's staged. I'd heard the German and Broadway soundtracks and so new what was going on but it's just so much more powerful in the movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the film was wierd too but I do quite like it (maybe that's because I haven't seen the show live). As I say I've only heard the soundtracks but to me the film has missed so much out. It may sound really daft but I just love the way the answer phone messages are sung on the cast recordings but it really annoyed me that they weren't on the movie. There just seems to be so much more talking involved instead of singing on the whole and they definately miss too much out. One of my friends from Germany who saw John in it (I'm so jealous) is coming over next week so we'll have to watch it and I'll get her reactions to it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast