Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found this on you tube..I had no idea this is what John sounded like. A girl told me the closest person she could think of that he sounded like was Julian Clary but with a lisp...I did not believe her until I heard this. He has such a brilliant singing voice and now such a brilliant speaking voice. I love it!
    [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3lgQ21i10[/nomedia]
    I was wondering if anybody would be an absolute sweetie and record the interview with John off the Taboo dvd and post it so i can hear more of this fantastic voice!
    Thank you
    all my love

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way Debra, what was Egypt like? It's somewhere I have always considered travelling to but I sometimes hear such bad things about it. I hope you had a lovely time.
    All my love

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Egypt was amazing. Fantastic weather, spotlessly clean resorts, 5000 years of history and the friendliest people I've met. I would recommed it to anybody and my three children all loved it too and two of them are teenagers like you.

By the way I weas at Pigalle last night for John's last appearance there for a while. As usual he was superb on stage and I was also very fortunate to have his company for a good long chat in the bar. He is well and happy and looking forward to Drowsy.

Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Egypt sounds lovely!I must consider going there sometime in my life, I would also love to go to switzerland, germany, austria and china. I'm so glad to hear that John is well and happy! You are so lucky to be such good friends with John.
    Question: does John still speak like that, my sister does'nt believe that he does because he is older and she says that the voice can change over years, like a singing voice, but I don't believe her, please help me out with this because it drives me insane when my sister is so smug about stuff!
    All my love

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

John has a beautiful speaking voice which you will hear for yourself when you see Drowsy. He still has a bit of a Mancunian accent too.

The Taboo backstage footage is more like his 'Marilyn' voice than his real voice and I certainly don't think he sounds anything like Julian Clary. He doesn't have a lisp either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh right! By his Marilyn voice I am assuming that you mean how he speaks when he is the character!? Thank you for clearing this up...I guess I'll have to wait until may to hear for myself! (Only a month and 15 days to go..yay!)
    It's odd because I have read in alot of places that he has a lisp but I think I shall defiantely believe your word over everybody elses seeing as you have met him so many times! Lucky you : )
    Thanks again for answering my question,
    All my love

KelliM

I've heard him talk off stage like that backstage bit abt the knickers before, but he was goofing around when he did. I've never caught a lisp before - where did you read that? He has a very smooth voice - that's very understandable especially to someone like me who is a New Yorker - usually I have trouble understanding Brits when they speak, but for the most part I can understand what he says - only a few times I've had to ask him to repeat. He's very articulate.

Glad you liked Egypt Debra - I'd love to go, too, but I think at the moment they aren't too receptive to Americans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Patti. From our experience the Egyptians are very peaceable people and although anti-Bush, I doubt that this would carry through to American tourists. It's definitely a must visit in my book and I can't wait to go back. 5000 years of visible, beautifully and intelligently recorded history really moved me.

Hope you are well. Feel free to drop me an
    e-mail if you want to chat.

Debra

KelliM

I'm very busy lately, but luckily I have next week off & the kids don't! It will give me some time to catch up on things around the house & then we're going up to Ottawa for a few days near the end of the week. This summer is jammed pack with college tours for my 2 older daughters - this is a fun time in my life! They grow up so fast!
    Can't wait until you all go see Drowsey - I'll tell you, it's unlike any show I've seen - the whole structure is different. I'm looking forward to your reactions - I thought it was a neat show.