Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ripper the musical Casting

KelliM

KelliM

Hm - quite interesting, but it looks like he's not doing it anymore - maybe that's what's up with The National like Debra mentioned. Too bad, I think Debra already has her tickets for Ripper.

TMK90

ooo...she already bought her tickets....not good. Sorry this National thing is a bit confusing to me...I feel retartded for asking, but...can you explain please??

EDIT:: Actually nevermind, I figured it out, I think. Ok, maybe not, nope nevermind on that one too!

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ December 27, 2006 01:09 PM: Message edited by: westendgirly1 ]</font>

KelliM

I'm not too sure what it's all abt either, but supposedly he's on at this theatre in Feb - Debra said it was announced at Pigalle the other evening.

TMK90

So I guess John is no longer John Beck?? www.ripperthemusical.co.uk says Stuart Ramsey is cast as John Beck. Am I missing something?? The cast list that was once at http://www.albemarle-london.com/Show...p?Show_No=9699 is no longer there. Seems like maybe John's no longer going to be doing Ripper.
    Am I seriously missing something, or is this right? been wondering about it for quite a while...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Seems to be correct that John will not now be appearing. I couldn't resist the little sarcastic jibe. I really don't know why people feel the need to be so 'up themselves' about John. http://www.whatsonstage.com/dforum/d...ead=1167137657

The announcement at Pigalle is a bit of a mystery which is why I am hoping (probably in vain) that John will come back and explain. It was definitely The National and definitely February 16th or 17th and it sounded like 'The Masado' but there's nothing even similar sounding and certainly nothing at The National.

KelliM

Man of Mode is pretty close - but is that a drama, not a musical?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes. Theatre, not musical.

KelliM

Still, I think it would be something different to see him in a dramatic role & something that wasn't musical theatre related. I wonder if he'd ever consider doing a dramatic play?! Maybe he left Ripper because he got a better offer elsewhere - whatever the reason, it sounds like he's going to have a busy year!

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ December 28, 2006 06:43 PM: Message edited by: PattiC ]</font>

TMK90

This is kinda OT, but what about Times Up? The musical John said he had just finished working on with Ray Cooney. Heard anything about it? I didn't find much abt it. Wondering if anyone has.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast