Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ripper the musical Casting

KelliM

Debra - Does anything on this rumours page sound familiar?:

Last updated Sun 17 Dec 2006

Latest rumours...

The Daily Mail reports that Laura Michelle Kelly will play Elven Queen Galadriel in the stage version of "The Lord of the Rings", at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane from from 9 May 2007. She will be joined in the cast by James Loye and Peter Howe who will be recreating their roles of Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee from the original Toronto production.

It is reported that The Rose Tattoo by Tennessee Williams, will be at the Olivier, National Theatre in March 2007, directed by Steven Pimlott and starring Zoe Wanamaker

It is reported that Rosmersholm by Henrik Ibsen, will be at the Almeida in October 2007, directed by Anthony Page and starring Helen McCrory & Paul Hilton

Kean by Jean-Paul Sartre, based on the play by Alexandre Dumas Pere , is expected to transfer to the West End May 2007 following a short UK tour. Directed by Adrian Noble and starring Antony Sher & Joanne Pearce.

The Last Laugh a comedy by Richard Harris, starring Martin Freeman & Roger Lloyd Pack may get a West End in the spring 2007 following its UK tour.

Variety report that Jonathan Pryce will star in David Mamet's Glengarry Glen Ross, directed by James Macdonald , in the West End in October 2007.

Shows that may becoming to the West End in 2007.........

Bloodbath the Musical
    Music by David Young and Jules Maguire.
    Based on a strand from his nineties Channel 5 drama Headless.
    The show will be set on the campus of an American high school and will tell the story of a serial killer called the Waterman, who attacks young girls.

The Count of Monte Cristo
    musical by Michel Legrand, Richard Bean and Don Black

Ghosts
    Jonathan Kent will direct Ibsen?s Ghosts in a new version by Nicholas Wright. This will be the first production of Ghosts at the National.

Gone With The Wind
    Directed by Trevor Nunn

A Matter of Life and Death
    A stage version presented by Emma Rice, Artistic Director of Kneehigh Theatre Company.
    at the Olivier, NT

The Pirate Queen
    musical by Alain Boublil and Claude Michel Schonberg
    Directed by John McColgan (of Riverdance Fame) and choreographed by Mark Dendy.

Simply Cuban. Simply Red expected to take their songs to the West End in a new musical. Tracks by the group led by singer Mick Hucknall will be given a "Latin makeover" for the show with choreography by Arlene Phillips.

Treats
    Christopher Hampton
    Starring Billie Piper ( Rose Tyler in Dr Who)
    Directed by Laurence Boswell, produced by Bill Kenwright.
    February 2007?

War Horse
    Nick Stafford?s adaptation of Michael Morpurgo?s novel
    Directed by Marianne Elliott
    In collaboration with Handspring Puppet Company. The project, which follows the adventures of a horse on the World War One battlefields, has been developed by Tom Morris.
    At Olivier, NT

Withnail & I
    Stage adaptation of the 1987 film.
    Starring Jude Law ???

There will be a new piece of music theatre (as yet unnamed), with music and lyrics by Damon Albarn and book by Roy Williams; set in Ladbroke Grove, it will explore the great diversity of London life and the music that has emerged from it over four decades.
    At National Theatre

Shows that may becoming to the West End in 2008.........

The Master And Margarita
    by Mikhail Bulgakov, new musical expected to be written by Andrew Lloyd Webber
    A biting satire, part fairytale, part fable, written in the Thirties and set in Stalin's Soviet Union during its most repressive period ? into a musical." The Daily Mail says, "The book has many of Lloyd Webber's favourite themes. It's about a novelist working on a book which features Jesus Christ and Pontius Pilate. The essence of the story is of a writer being harassed by secret agents working for an evil dictator. There's also a witch and a talking cat."

Oedipus
    directed by Jonathan Kent
    Starring Ralph Fiennes
    in the Olivier, NT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found out a bit about Ray Cooney's Times Up which was produced in Guildford last year but nothing to connect John to it. I'm afraid I've drawn a complete blank on what John is going to be doing prior to Drowsy but I'll keep trying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it's a pity that nothing is clear about what John is doing now.

It's a shame John doesn't have his own website anymore. It was great to read his own news on it. News that were actually put there by him or one of his friends. I guess he didn't have the time though to keep it updated. Times flies so fast, I myself find it hard to keep up with everything.

I really wished there would be more recordings of what John's been singing here and there. I just love his voice! It's magnificent and the first thing that enthralled me about John [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ January 07, 2007 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Tuggerine ]</font>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234