Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi All. Great to see Hostboard back and I hope you all had a Very Merry Xmas.

If anybody didn't visit the temporary site at Bravenet, I went back to Pigalle on the Thursday before Xmas and saw John. His performance was fantastic. There are photos on jp.enessis.com - the club has pink lighting so the colours are not true but my hubby did a really good job with the photos which I think are great and really capture the energy of John's performance.

The host mentionned John appearing in a show at the National starting some time in February - the 16th or 17th I think. I didn't fully catch the name of the show and haven't been able to trace anything yet but I'll let you know if I come up with something.

If we don't chat before, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Debra x

KelliM

The photos were great - thanks Debra. When I get a minute, I'll send you a proper email, but in the meantime, it's great we're back up around here, but everyone, make sure you bookmark our temporary site in case we go down again. Happy New Year - let's hope for a good one!

TMK90

Thank you Debra, and also Kate for uploading them on your site. The pictures and are fantastic! They trully do capture his great energy and how full of life he is when he performs. The pictures are very much appreciated! Thanks again! [img]wink.gif[/img]

KelliM

Westendgirly & Debra - Can you send me an email - my email box crashed & I lost all of my addresses & old emails. Thanks.

@Debra - Here's a schedule I found for The National: The National Schedule

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I was back at The Pigalle Club again last night for another amazing performance from John. The theme this time was West End Musicals but the song choices were only loosely related. John's first set was Miss Jones and I, Mr Bojangles, All the time in the World and When you're without love. For his second set he sang Valerie and then a song I didn't recognise and which didn't seem to have any particular title. John said he didn't know the lyrics and had them written down for him to refer to but he seemed to really enjoy the song which was very high energy and he had Tiffany Graves on stage with him singing backing and a bit of a duet part with him. The only bit of the lyrics I can remember was something about 'You're the only one who could ever make me get up...' and there was a fair bit of oohing in the backing! If anyone knows what this is, I'd love to know.
    This time the host announced that Tiffany Graves would be performing at the National in February in The Masada so maybe this is something she and John will be in together? In case you don't know of her, she played Roxy in Chicago and has a very stong voice and a really sexy on stage persona. She left with John so I guess maybe they are frineds.
    I went alone to the club and met a very nice German girl called Nina who has been a fan of John's since Rent and is now working in the UK for a while, so we enjoyed his performance together which was really great. I have given her the Board address so hopefully she will come and chat with us.

I took a few photos of John but the quality is not as good as my hubby's from the last time. Not surprisingly, my hand is a lot less steady in John's presence!

Debra x

KelliM

she was either cassandra or bombalurina in cats in london or berlin - forgot which.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think she played a number of roles in CATS in London. I like her..she has a real presence on stage and a style all of her own. A bit like John I guess.

I have forwarded the photos to Kate and she is going to post them on jp.enessis.com on Monday. (Thanks Kate x) When I looked at them again I decided they were actually quite good and you get to see John's curls and the stubble he was wearing pretty well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here are the photos, scroll down for the new ones:
    http://www.jp.enessis.com/gallery.ph...wCat&cat_id=10

Sorry for the delay, finals...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Kate and good luck for the finals.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes, Enessis,

thanks a lot for sharing. I hope it's ok that I left a link to your site on the german CATS forum as well for the John-fans there to see. Someone there asked me, which songs John was singing at the Pigalle Club. I guess it was musical songs or similar. Guess, he didn't sing his own songs, like the ones I have these demo's of, you know from his band.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast