Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kate and I got back from Berlin yesterday evening. It was awesome. What a fantastic place.
    Got by on our limited German language abilities.

Saw Cats twice whilst we were there. John as amazing as ever.
    Before this holiday I'd only ever seen Cats in English so it was quite strange to hear the changes that go with the language. Baring in mind that I speak no German so can't tell if what I hear is good or not..John sounded great singing in German, did make me laugh that he talks his way through the show in English though!

We were waiting by the stagedoor on the evening we arrived (28th Dec) to say hi to John. Jack Rebaldi came out and started talking to us (suprising as we have only spoken to him once before in london) and Ben came out and was sweet. John followed Ben out and did a double take then pounced on us with hugs and kisses and had a good old chat. He says he's loving it and is really well. Invited us up to the canteen after the matinee on the 29th, which was sweet..never happened though!!

New Year was cool, went to the Brandenburg Gate (sorry my spelling isn't too good today) which was apparently the biggest street party in the world. Was bloody cold though.

Kelli, was lovely to meet you after the evening show! Hope you had a lovely NY and general holiday and you caught up with John ok.

Ruth x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds real cool!
    Deid you ask him untill when he'll play Tug?
    [img]confused.gif[/img]
    I hope so! I wanna know wheather he'll be there when I'm gonna go'n see cats!

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I wasn't too sure if it was you or not!! When someone (not sure who it was I'm afraid..) talked to me whilst I was waiting for Kate to come back from the hotel, I declined NOT being rude I hope you understand, I just felt slightly out of my depth.

Glad you enjoyed the show.
    It was quite strange seeing it in a different language, but quite interesting at the same time. Kept expecting Ben to go into English for some reason.

Yeah that was us who John was talking to. Lunch never happened though typically!! Never mind. I shall write to him this week to say how good it was to see him etc.

Berlin is a great place, I'd like to go back for longer and visit the places that we didn't get round to seeing....it's a big place [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good news about the tour though, some familier names popping up; Joe Ryan (who was in Germany recently I believe), Stori, Summer...hopefully it'll come near London so I can see it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

know any more names from the tour pls? is gona b my first cats viewing too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

This was posted on the musicals.net forum..
    Bill Bailey - Thao Vilayvong
    Bombalurina - Emma Tunmore
    Bustopher jones/Asparagus/Growltiger - Patrick Clancy
    Carbucketty - Paul Farrell
    Cassandra - Summer Strallen??
    Coricopat - Joe Ryan
    Demeter -
    Electra -
    Grizabella - Chrissie Hammond
    Jellylorum - Rebecca Vere
    Jemima - Sally Bayes
    Jennyanydots - Lucy Harris??
    Macavity/Admetus - David Hulston??
    Mungojerrie - Tom Dwyer
    Munkustrap -
    Old Deuteronomy - Nicholas Pound
    Quaxo/Mistoffelees - Guy-Paul Ruolt
    Rumpleteazer - Katy Jo Howman
    Rum Tum Tugger -
    Rumpus/Alonzo - Matthew Cole
    Skimbleshanks - Matthew Gould
    Tantomile - Madeleine Harland
    Victoria/White cat - Emily Anderson
    Swing - Nicholas Charters
    Swing/Resident Director - Stori James
    Swing - Amy Ellen Richardson
    Swing -
    Swing -
    Swing -
    Swing -
    Swing -
    So still somemore to find out, but some of them are pretty well known.

I know a certain someone who is particuarly pleased a certain Stori James in back in Cats..KATE! I am too, can't wait to see him again.
    Joe Ryan, Stori, Nick Pound, Summer Strallen, Chrissie Hammond were in the final London cast.
    There are a few others that have a Cats history like Guy Paul Ruolt and loads of the others.
    Lucy Harris is currently in Taboo starring as Foxy/Shop Assistant.

Don't know the main cast members at the mo which is quite annoying, time will tell I guess. They start rehearsing next monday.

Ruth x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

John20P board2Yeah, I was there at the stage door too on the 28.12, I saw you and Kate, but I got the feeling you wanted to stay by yourselves, as my friend told me, when she asked you the next day. I gave John something and when he left he noticed you then I realized who you were. Strangely enough you were always at the stagedoor in London and now Berlin the same days as me...*grins*

I also heard him shout to you to come to the canteen and he would let them know your coming, and that nummer he told you to ring or say..We were rather impressed....But knowing John...

Must be strange for you though to hear cats in another language, but I can tell you John's german sounded very good indeed, very well pronounced and exact.

Hope you had a nice time in Germany.

purrs
    Tuggs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yay my widdle Stodge is back!! Stori Stori StorIIII! lol! Glad to see some of the cool cast members back..namely Stori, Joe, Summer and Chrissie! Weird that Joe is playing Cori..just a coincidence that I have his London Coricopat swing-wig. Oh well that's cool! I'm dying to know the main cast members..and the Swings!

Cats in Berlin was fab!! I didn't know you and Cettie would be there Tuggerine or I would've said hello!!! John's German certainly sounded good to me..Jack's was too. Ben was the Weakest Link tho cos he sounded totally English..bless him!

Kate xx

KelliM

Hi everyone! Yes, Berlin was superb - I think that this is the best production I've seen of Cats. In my opinion, it tops London. I saw the show 4 times. It is a very friendly and talented cast.
    Ruth & Kate - I am so glad I finally got to meet you! I wish we had more time together, but maybe next time! Tuggs- I don't think you were at the evening show on the 29th, so I'm sorry I missed you. I also planned to meet Josef from the other Cats board, but forgot his seat number. He saw me at the evening show, but wasn't sure it was me.
    John looks great and his German is really good - although I could detect his British accent- you could tell he wasn't a native speaker. But he was spot on with his German! It was an interesting trip with a few bumps, but Berlin is such a great city! I'd love to go back again!
    Glad this board is catching on - keep posting away!! When I get some free time, I'll write more, but it's hectic coming right back off of holiday and going straight to work!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Kelli,

Glad you enjoyed yourself as well. Was great to meet you at last, shame it wasn't for longer, but I'm sure there will be other times.
    Did Anna tell you we bumped into her at a restaurant in the square??

I'll drop you a mail and we'll catch up properly!

Ruth x

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ January 09, 2003 09:11 AM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

]John20P board2

@Kelli,

nope, I wasn't at the sunday evening show, unfortunately my plane went back about the time of the show..*sighs*

Pity you didn't meet Josef, he is soo nice...!!

purrrsss

Tuggerine Tuggerines20site banner

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ January 09, 2003 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Tuggerine ]</font>