Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thankyou everyone for the kind words, and I'll see you there! . Can't believe I'll be puting my roller skates on again after 13 years! . Never say never, right. You can view some of the musical numbers from the broadway show on utube. I think you'll love it.

KelliM

Wow - You're right - I really liked the bits I watched - a very classy show!! They don't make them like this anymore - has the feel of Gigi & My Fair Lady - great oldies. "Show Off" is a great number - reminds me of some of the classic old movies. This seems like a show very full of energy & comedy, but avoids the typical "flash" & special effects of many of today's shows - and that, in my opinion, is a good thing. Bob Martin - he's a riot!!

Video Clips Homepage The Drowsy Chaperone

I'll have to get some tickets to see it on Broadway. I seriously don't think I will be able to get to London - everyone will have to post here to fill me in.

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ October 29, 2006 09:06 PM: Message edited by: pattic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its also nice to put my dancing shoes back on, as I get to tap my troubles away in my opening number"cold feets" I'm a big Gene Kelly fan,and this is the kind of show I dreamed about doing as a young boy, only with alot more humour.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi John

Congratulations! I can't wait to see you in this show and to see you dance again too. The best news!!

In case we don't hear from you again, have a great Xmas and New Year and look forward to seeing you in May.

Debra xx

TMK90

Aww! I'm so happy that your having the opportunity to be able to do something you've been wanting to since you were young. That's seems so exciting! I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job, you do dance awesome!!! So have fun skating, and enjoy it, and even though I won't be able to see you[such a bummer], I'll be able to hear how much fun you had in doing the show from everyone who sees it. And I'll have to check out the clips you mentioned, so I can at least get a depiction of what you'll be doing.
    Take Care!
    Love, weg1

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ December 06, 2006 05:17 PM: Message edited by: westendgirly1 ]</font>

TMK90

WOWser!! The clips from Broadway look fantastic!! This play looks really good. And as Patti mentioned it does kind remind me of My Fair Lady, a fav of mine since I was young, very energetic and well-rounded fun! And the part of Robert looks like a good one too! Ok enough w/the exclamation marks, but have fun John!!!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi John!I'm happy for you.It must be really fun for me.I love the way you dance!
    Your comments made my day.I can't wait for your next update! Love,Mimi

KelliM

OMG! An American in Paris w/Gene Kelly - that's such one of the best movies (directed by Judy Garland's ex husband & Liza's dad!)

It sounds like you will really be living your dream, John - esp w.the roller skates - remember Kelly in It's Always Fair Weather? Dancing in skates.... I bet a few people are smiling down from heaven on you knowing you've got this part!

I'm an Audrey Hepburn fan - notice the Gigi & MFL references?

<font color="#237323" size="1">[ October 30, 2006 07:50 PM: Message edited by: pattic ]</font>

TMK90

Hey Patti, me too! I love Audrey Hepburn. Ever since I was little! She's been one of my favorite's for a long time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Patti for remembering my father, that was very thoughtful. How are you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast